97 gmc door panel Exchange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swapped1500

Reaction score
I have a 1997 gmc 1500 with a perfect interior but doors are rusted I bought Chevy doors but the door panel on the inside is gone I believe it’s a 93-95 style not completely sure my question is before I start taking everything off what year door inside panels are exchangeable for Chevy to gmc

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know they are different. I believe going from old to new is relatively painless, removing a brace or something. But going from new style to an older door will be problematic.
There is pics on here somewhere that shows the difference.

Swapped1500

Reaction score
I know they are different. I believe going from old to new is relatively painless, removing a brace or something. But going from new style to an older door will be problematic.
There is pics on here somewhere that shows the difference.
Thank you I appreciate it

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't know how to link threads, but a quick google search of obs gmt400 door difference brings you back here. Looks like you would have to unbolt your inner door structure and swap them over. Seems relatively easy. Hope this helps.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 distinct interiors design: 88-94 and 95-99 & ('00 classic).
Levels of trim would give you all plastic, to combo, to fabric, and different handles in the early design. 95 plus are much more uniform in design.

There is no 93-95 style. They're very different. 1995 started a whole new interior and will work with your '97

Last edited:

packer0440

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the only difference between Chevy and GMC is that some particular years and trim levels have a badge indicating the trim level (which are different between Chevy and GMC), although I'm not sure this is a thing in the later model years (95-00)

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the only difference between Chevy and GMC is that some particular years and trim levels have a badge indicating the trim level (which are different between Chevy and GMC), although I'm not sure this is a thing in the later model years (95-00)

Yeah, its outside on the B-piller