97 Dually Front brakes locking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The front brakes lock up and are not releasing. I have replaced the booster, master cylinder, lines, rotors, calipers, and pads... ...if I disconnect the battery and wait for over 5 minutes and hook back up it will roll and stop just fine but only for a few miles and then I will realize it’s locking cause of the way it feels and a speed wobble too. Once the brakes were smoking! I have tried disconnecting the abs with pulling the fuse yet it will still happen.
You've replaced all the parts I'd have suggested. Disconnecting the battery and having it brake normally seems to rule out a maladjusted booster/master cylinder.

My best guess--and it's only a guess--is that the ABS is faulty in an unusual way. Perhaps the solenoid valves are sticking/restricted.

Reaction score
That’s exactly what I was thinking too cause everything is new except the abs module and pump so that’s my next step. Thanks and I really appreciate your help as well as the rest who suggested options. It makes a huge difference when your at this alone.