97 Chevy Steering wheel upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Looks good! Nice job doing the proper research and doing this the right way!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Photobucket was giving me a hard time! Took a couple of days for it to concentrate on the prob at hand!
These are the first ones I ever made, so the fitment is not exact, but these are the only ones I have to get a pic of.

You must be registered for see images attach

For the shifter, I cut part that was screwed up off, then used the outer ring from that to give the opening a finished look.
'Scuse the dirt! The truck's been sitting (ahem!) for a while! Needs a good cleaning front to back, top to bottom, in & out!

You must be registered for see images attach

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can get the shifter seal boot from the dealer for around $17. I've bought 2 of them from the dealer I used to work at so i'm sure other dealers can get them.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Those look really cool Sewlow. I'd like to give that a try.

One thing that has came up the last few days was I had to bevel the ring lip that is on the column trim as it was rubbing on the wheel when turning. No big deal but was annoying.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
dumb question - are there any wheels off a cadillac that have paddles?

quick google search says no but I am not overly familiar with them.
given I badged my truck as a caddy I would like to keep the badges matching.

Chris Rogers

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Further dumb question. If the only difference is the end shafts spline and diameter does that mean I can grab any wheel as long as I grab the column with it?
Found a couple of Cad wheels that have paddle shift on them and the radio controls.

Scottydc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Honestly I'm not sure. I cant imagine GM making too many different splined columns from the research I did there's tons of different cars using the same equipment.