97 454 L29 build plans

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am still waiting on the video. Hope you atleast caught one before you bolted the header collectors up.

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I had to put the down pipes on to put the forward O2 sensors in so not to throw those codes. I’ve got a freshly programmed Blackbear. Not getting the pipes connected till later next week. I’ll get some video/audio clips, nighttime would be better. I’ll have to take it outside of town, I live two doors away from the PD

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Well I had to put the down pipes on to put the forward O2 sensors in so not to throw those codes. I’ve got a freshly programmed Blackbear. Not getting the pipes connected till later next week. I’ll get some video/audio clips, nighttime would be better. I’ll have to take it outside of town, I live two doors away from the PD

Send it now, see if they're cool or not. Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Piratehunter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got the collectors to exhaust welded up, neighbors are happy. need to replace the exit section behind the muffler yet. need to get the cam retard offset checked. seems to run very well, haven't pressed it hard, towing will be the test. changing the nv4500 fluid helped with the 2-3 shift. going to change the fluids in the front and rear gears. new power steering pump made a nice improvement. new clutch is smooth. now if I can afford to drive it.