96 Sierra 2500 - Houston Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Grate work. Not to my taste, but I do respect all of your hard work, and all done to perfection. Very nice job.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol 1 bolt at a time is progress ;)

but I have been noticing the effects myself lately. Been a cpl years since I did any bodywork and I feel it after 1000+ tack welds on that hood lol

get it while you can. you mention you are an artist? i bet lots of money to be made around there with an air brush. spend all day painting skulls?

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done so many skulls and realistic fire I can't do another. There's just too many other options. Every shop I worked at didn't give me the artistic licence I need to do my best work. So i opened a small shop for awhile bc I thought it would be the answer, but I didn't have patience for tire kickers dreaming of what their ride COULD be when I had work to do. So I just do a few jobs here n there for people I already know if I got the time. Most of what I've done lately is for homes or businesses though. Been doing alot of fine art lately, which is a nice change

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sitting next to mine in the shop, we are doing some custom work on a '90(?) that is bagged, stroked etc. and thankfully I've convinced my brother (his shop) to VETO the ghost flames lol. Im sure with how much we are doing already, he won't mind a few more dollars to do something more suiting to his truck

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, Welcome! I'm definitely going to follow this one.

May I ask where you got that grill from? I thought they stopped making those years ago.

Thank you! I had never saw one before, but I found it online in a Google image search and knew I'd either love or hate in person. Only place I could find one is TopGear. They had awful reviews, but I took the chance n pretty happy with it so far.

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
TopGear the TV show website??? Thats all I can find in a google search

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been either too cold or too humid to primer this past week, but I was finally able to get the shop warm n dry enough to knock this out.

Yesterday's progress.

All of the main bodywork done for now. Looks bad in the pic, but most of it was flushing up the seams and the factory waves from when the truck was made.

Before primering, I sealed the entire hood and spot sealed anywhere there was bare metal or Bondo. Then I did a light adhesion coat over the whole truck before a few coats of primer n here it is ready to put back together. Should have it road ready in a few hours n if i can get a hand, will put the hood back on today n pull it out the shop. Big question is if I got the front end how I envisioned because ain't no way I'm redoing it lol

You must be registered for see images attach

98BlackSierra

Lifelong Chevy Owner
Reaction score
That’s a really clean job on the hood. Like someone else said, the truck isn’t really my taste, but it’s awesome to see people do something different!!