96 Sierra 2500 - Houston Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a lil more done on the hood today.

Got the rear caps welded in to fill the void between the original hood and the HD skin to help give it a more factory look.

Used tape to trace the edges and make a template for the 3 filler pieces. It is now cut, welded, cleaned up and ready for Bondo.

You must be registered for see images attach

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Made a lip to flush in the vents.

Found a couple heavy guage coat hangers, sanded the coating off, shaped them to the vent contour and tacked them in place. I didn't weld them solid because it's not structural, only to use as a guide and get a nice clean edge to work with. That is all we got done for today, should have it all wrapped up, ready for primer tomorrow.

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got all the plastic in 180 and ready for the K36!

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
mighty fine work! i bet you cringe when you see shoddy work. the feel of metal and body filler is a gift, a gift i do not have! lol
i check in everyday almost, to see what you have done. steady progress that is done with pride in work makes you a professional.

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
mighty fine work! i bet you cringe when you see shoddy work. the feel of metal and body filler is a gift, a gift i do not have! lol
i check in everyday almost, to see what you have done. steady progress that is done with pride in work makes you a professional.

Thank you sir! Do you have a build thread on here? I always love to watch things come together bc it's interesting how we all have a different take on the same canvas. As an artist, my interest was always custom paint and fab, but I'm def not the most mechanically inclined member here, guaranteed! (Ask my mechanic friends, if I can be a pest lol)

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
no, if i had a build thread, it would materialize so slow you would be bored to death. j do good to heat up a can of soup these days. seems i have a heart that doesnt want to play the same games i do. respect your youth and appreciate your abilities.
peace

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol 1 bolt at a time is progress ;)

but I have been noticing the effects myself lately. Been a cpl years since I did any bodywork and I feel it after 1000+ tack welds on that hood lol

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
WOW, Welcome! I'm definitely going to follow this one.

May I ask where you got that grill from? I thought they stopped making those years ago.