96 Sierra 2500 - Houston Edition

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right lol Our first date was to a car show, so ya know I had to marry this one hahaa

Plus I sold my Riviera so we can get the '54 5 window she wants, so all is well lol.

We got big hogs, dogs, cats n bears out this way, you can have as many as ya want.

Welcome aboard. You will fit right in here. You obviously have good taste in trucks and in wives. Hint: Get busy on that '54 as soon as this one is done!

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice truck! I like those wheels, just can't use them on my 2wd Burb. They are a clean design that complements the GMT400 series

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. You will fit right in here. You obviously have good taste in trucks and in wives. Hint: Get busy on that '54 as soon as this one is done!

Thank you! And no doubt, I'm sure by this spring she will be ready for hers too!

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice truck! I like those wheels, just can't use them on my 2wd Burb. They are a clean design that complements the GMT400 series

Thanks! I'm painting these all black with a blue accent to match the paint design I have planned. I kinda wish I got the 22's instead of the 24's so I can have a bit more tire tho. Plus these rub the sway bar if I turn to sharp n I'm not sure if I feel good about using spacers

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Today I finished most of the welding on the hood. I didn't want to use a cowl or any of the more common styles, so I decided to use the skin from a 2014 HD to get the look I wanted. (As if I didn't have enough work to do already)

Everything outside the tape line was removed, then I added a bead of panel bond adhesive around all the bracing edges and added an extra reinforcement on the front edge to help handle the opening and shutting of the hood over time.

You must be registered for see images attach

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trimmed to fit, tacked up n most of the welding done. While I had help around today I did a test fit to see how it's going to look on the truck. Most of the conversions I've saw are too boxy in front for my taste, so i changed the contour of the front edge to match the angle of my grill better. I think I'm going to like it, but we will see how it looks in primer in a few more days. Getting closer, can't wait.

Redneckgeriatric

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Right lol Our first date was to a car show, so ya know I had to marry this one hahaa

Plus I sold my Riviera so we can get the '54 5 window she wants, so all is well lol.

We got big hogs, dogs, cats n bears out this way, you can have as many as ya want.

you out by the brazos? i got an ex woman and another freind there. they live out by the brazos park. another ex woman in woodlands too. i ran a motorcycle shop in trinity for one year. contract was up and i split.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you have any close up pics of your touchscreen radio? Looks like a very clean install which is hard to find in these trucks

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
you out by the brazos? i got an ex woman and another freind there. they live out by the brazos park. another ex woman in woodlands too. i ran a motorcycle shop in trinity for one year. contract was up and i split.

I live out near Cut n Shoot about 20 mins from the Woodlands.

Epic

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Do you have any close up pics of your touchscreen radio? Looks like a very clean install which is hard to find in these trucks

I ripped my whole interior out while I'm painting, but ive got a few pics from before I did. It wasnt what I consider an install, but when I redo the interior everything about it will be designed around my music.

Pretty much all my stereo will be replaced and controlled by a DSP and a tablet that I'm putting in console (which will also be a speaker box) I dont have a finished pic of the door panel, but it's ready for primer too.