96 k2500 lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AFZ1320

Reaction score
I have a 454 vortec and the extra weight of big block and possible bumper and winch one day might warrant dual shocks... I am looking at fabbed up simple hoop and double up bottom mount of lower control arm.
Get some cheap China heads and intake on that 454 to drop +100lbs off the front. A Speedmaster set is like $800.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the benefit of the dual shock hoops? I like my single shocks just fine. Only thing I might do different is spring for Remote Resivour Fox Shocks.
I would be worried that multiple shocks that aren't tuned to be run as dual shocks could lead to binding/rough ride

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk
my buddy joe had a k1500 with a 5.7l i believe. he had a fabtech 6" kit up front with a 3" body lift and blocks in the rear. he said after having the lift for a while then installing the dual hoop he had less body roll.

man did i get luck. i talked to superlift and they're confused on how i was able to get that lift kit k274. Blake at superlift, confirmed they have been discontinued since 2019. apparently the demand was to low on them. he also said how the crossmember kicker braces are bullshit and they discontinued it being in made it an addon kit but it was discontinued in 2015. the steering stabilizer kit has also been discontinued. im gonna call them again tomorrow about it. if i were u id call up about this kit. start having people ask for it so they bring it back lol. im starting to understand why. everyone doing lifts on these truck are going for the SAS. better and cheaper i suppose or maybe just better? lol. either way, im super happy i was able to grab this lift and have it so, i can ***** about w.e. i was lucky to swipe this when i did. the shackle flip from ORD is a bit confusing thats gonna take some time to figure out. the paint for the frame rails and some of the components just came. i got the other forged control arm i needed for a matching set. i just have about everything needed, im just missing extensions for some items if need brake lines, e brake cable. im gonna do the suspension lift first get that done then work on the body lift after that. so i likely wont have the truck done till october.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
and the dual shock hoop. i cant find one for the k2500series. theyre all for the k1500. or the newer trucks

Aparke4

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
and the dual shock hoop. i cant find one for the k2500series. theyre all for the k1500. or the newer trucks

Yes- same here... local 4x4 shop can use some DOM and follow height of stock shock tower pretty easily... lower arms are forged so looking at a bolt on solution there.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my buddy joe had a k1500 with a 5.7l i believe. he had a fabtech 6" kit up front with a 3" body lift and blocks in the rear. he said after having the lift for a while then installing the dual hoop he had less body roll.

man did i get luck. i talked to superlift and they're confused on how i was able to get that lift kit k274. Blake at superlift, confirmed they have been discontinued since 2019. apparently the demand was to low on them. he also said how the crossmember kicker braces are bullshit and they discontinued it being in made it an addon kit but it was discontinued in 2015. the steering stabilizer kit has also been discontinued. im gonna call them again tomorrow about it. if i were u id call up about this kit. start having people ask for it so they bring it back lol. im starting to understand why. everyone doing lifts on these truck are going for the SAS. better and cheaper i suppose or maybe just better? lol. either way, im super happy i was able to grab this lift and have it so, i can ***** about w.e. i was lucky to swipe this when i did. the shackle flip from ORD is a bit confusing thats gonna take some time to figure out. the paint for the frame rails and some of the components just came. i got the other forged control arm i needed for a matching set. i just have about everything needed, im just missing extensions for some items if need brake lines, e brake cable. im gonna do the suspension lift first get that done then work on the body lift after that. so i likely wont have the truck done till october.
Im gonna try to get one asap because imo thats the best ifs lift for our trucks, well that’s on the market anyway. Id love to have a cognito lift but that’s not gonna happen. There’s probably still a couple of companies that have a couple in the warehouse and you just got very very lucky!!

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
if u cant just got SAS. just yea id call today and order it because blake asked the lady at jegs to remove it from the site.

nyvenom30

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes- same here... local 4x4 shop can use some DOM and follow height of stock shock tower pretty easily... lower arms are forged so looking at a bolt on solution there.
i think the cognito will work out im gonna grab one and try to make it work. i just need to figure what shock work best and i need to call superlift in the am so i can find the proper length of the damper needed for the steering stabilizer. but i got them to send the missing emblem for the skid plate