96 k1500 6 inch life need help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vort123

Reaction score
I like this post you can go from suspension geometry to baseball in two sentences I would agree with the torsion bars being crank too high did the lift not come with a front diff drop

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP, sounds like the problem is same as this guy's... in his case, breakage on the passenger's side.

Last edited:

DonYukon

Dont stop until it sounds expensive
Reaction score
CV axles dont do well with angles at all. if they are already high when your suspension articulates it only adds to the problem. add to that a bigger rotating mass like bigger tires and you will snap them all the time. I replaced 5 (3 passenger and 2 driver sides) plus a few hubs before I realized it would be never ending. SAS it if its going to be a dedicated trail truck or as others have stated reduce the height to flaten those CVs.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 6” on my 2500 and in 160,000 miles only replaced one CV. How much did the lift make you crank your t bars? That’s for sure the problem find a different lift that doesn’t make you max the t bars out and you’ll stop breaking them

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I might be wrong but don't some lifts come with some brackets to drop the front diff to eliminate that steep cv axle angle? Not sure if mine has them but my axles are parallel to the ground and have never broken one.I've replaced a couple because the boots were torn and that nasty black grease was flying all over.

Wiscoburban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I might be wrong but don't some lifts come with some brackets to drop the front diff to eliminate that steep cv axle angle? Not sure if mine has them but my axles are parallel to the ground and have never broken one.I've replaced a couple because the boots were torn and that nasty black grease was flying all over.
Yes they do and that’s exactly the kind you would need. I don’t know which do but I know superlift was one not sure if they are still around or not