96+ Internal slave on 95 external slave truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that installed on a sniper? According to the summit page it doesn’t work on EFI throttle bodies
Yup. It's not "supposed" to fit, but it does and it works well. The three iterations of my home-made bracket never worked right. I probably had about four hours in cutting, welding, trial-fitting, and re-working my bracket. Spend the $15, you won't regret it.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup. It's not "supposed" to fit, but it does and it works well. The three iterations of my home-made bracket never worked right. I probably had about four hours in cutting, welding, trial-fitting, and re-working my bracket. Spend the $15, you won't regret it.
Thanks for the recommendation. I went ahead and ordered it yesterday after I responded. I figured it’s only $15 so even if it doesn’t fit I could put it on the shelf for a future project

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys, need to revive my own thread a little here. I’ve been driving the truck fairly regularly, but the clutch has never been perfect. Some days it’s better than others. Typically if it’s a little more spongy I just pump the **** out of it and then it’s fine for the rest of the drive. But with this cold weather it seems to be spongy more and more often now. I took it on a long trip yesterday, it was pretty cold, and snowed all night. Today I found the pedal basically dead. Only a little bit of pressure at the last 1/4 of the travel. Checked the fluid, it was maybe a tiny bit low, but I topped it off anyway. Why would it suddenly have more air in it after a long trip or cold night? It was a little spongy when I got back from the trip yesterday, but not terrible, not this bad.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Update: today is a bit warmer, and it’s sat for a day. Did not mess with it anymore, suddenly the clutch pedal is back to normal. Which means just the tiniest bit of sponginess at the top, but it’s functional

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Extra-cold temps make the hydraulic seals stiff; causes fluid bypass, leads to low pedal?

NORMALLY, I'd say the seals were good to -40, maybe -60F. But I don't know on your system.

Chillin Dylan

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Extra-cold temps make the hydraulic seals stiff; causes fluid bypass, leads to low pedal?

NORMALLY, I'd say the seals were good to -40, maybe -60F. But I don't know on your system.
That’s kinda what I was thinking. I’m running a 95 style master with a little bit larger bore, and a OE replacement 97 internal slave cylinder.