96 extended cab suicide door seatbelt.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Masterb4tes

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am wondering if anyone has a photo of how the suicide door seatbelt sits in their extended cab? I'm Australia so this might prove futile, but the seatbelt in mine does not fully retract, there is about 6 inches left hanging out, just wondering if it is the same in the US trucks?

So this was picked up as a faulty seatbelt for a roadworthy. We have pulled it out to find it is an Australian Standard seatbelt dated back to 1997, which means it may of been this way since the vehicle was imported.
We have checked the belt and it appears to work just fine and it is likely that this is the belt that was installed when the vehicle was complied to Australian standards in 1997. Seeing as Australia had no comparable vehicle it makes sense they went with a 'near enough, close enough' approach.

We will need to convince the inspector that this is normal and the belt is perfectly functional, or possibly find a US replacement... which ironically would be illegal.

Cheers

You must be registered for see images attach