96 centurion 2500 turbo diesel 4x4 standerd bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
There's a familiar truck! Didn't know you were in Texas! 45 minutes awayish no less!

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
idk what is going on with photobucket but it sucks and half the pics did not post. humm.....im still trying to upload some to photobucket. maybe thats why.....i gotta get back to work on the engine, ill try to post more later and keep yall up to date!

Photobucket sucks. Use vgy.me it is so easy

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Photobucket sucks. Use vgy.me it is so easy
ill look into that. the imgore or whatever it is the other guy suggested was confusing, i tried to use it but did not work.

i just tried it and seems to work great and easy! ill post more soon......cant upload more than one at a time?

Last edited:

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Engine Swap! 7-20-19. truck has 227,991 miles- engine has 131,000 miles. yes, i use this page to keep records. hahaha.
You must be registered for see images attach

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i did this whole engine swap 100% alone....on a hill, in dirt. it sucked. put it on a stand in my shed, moved with an atv. every singe step alone. so scary at times. almost flipped the atv a few times. had to stand on front bumper and face backward to steer it or sheels wouldnt have enough weight to turn. it was so scary. i parked truck on the hill knowing once pulled, i could roll the truck into the new engine. to get old engine out i pulled with hoist then tied hoist to atv and dragged it out. again, the whole this was scary and messy! but i got it done!

DirtBag

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A cherry picker on dirt.....I thought I was the only one......LOL

Well done man! I've pulled my fair share of engines, but never alone, lots of work!

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
shes back up and running! got insurance on it again. cleaned all the oil and grease off the carpets and leather from putting dirty engine parts in there when i took engine apart. and cleaned all the mud from rednecks with paychecks out of it too. then gave it a quick wax and buff(4 hours), still need tires and some other stuff, but its finally back on the road and my daily driver again!

Last edited:

nickthehick78

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well, drove truck the last 2 weeks. zero issues! runs perfect. left a few lights hard and had rear tires break free!!! thats never happened just accelerating! getting 13.5 mpg....so i picked up a tiny bit of fuel economy, really was hoping for more. so far no oil leaks or burning oil. seems to be a good motor.

i spent last weekend doing brakes, they have been scary forever, i replaced master cylinder, hoses, calipers, pads, rear shoes, and wheel seals that puked out from plugged breather from rednecks. it was a mess. blead a few times, same as before. stops alittle better. found on here there is a bleeder on the abs, i hit that a few times and got a break pedal for the first time in years! still gotta re bleed, but its firm for once!

oh and my rusty spring shackles are real bad now. pass side, front shackle has rot/break all the way around the mounting bolt on the inside!!! i ordered new ones and replacing this weekend if i can.