96 2Door 2WD Tahoe Lowering Questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zukman31

Reaction score
Thanks for having me in the group. I have not had a OBS Chevy since 1998. I sold all of my Mustangs and have had the itch to do a 2 Door 2WD Tahoe for a few years and purchased one today. I am wanting to do the 4/6 drop with Springs and Spindles up front and a C-Notch and Flip the rear. Is it the same as a OBS truck ? I can not find a specific kit that says for a 2 door Tahoe. Also was wondering with that drop and was wanting to do a 20x? Wheels what size can I go with and back spacing to keep it tucked in the truck and not scrub ? Would also like to know what exact size tires do you recommend for front and rear. I greatly appreciate any help that you can give....

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a kit, I prefer drop control arms but this kit uses spindles

Front: 20x8 with a 4.5in bs with a 245/40
Rear: 20x9.5 with a 5.29 bs with a 275/40

That’s the specs on this Tahoe…
You must be registered for see images attach

zukman31

Reaction score
Here is a kit, I prefer drop control arms but this kit uses spindles

Front: 20x8 with a 4.5in bs with a 245/40
Rear: 20x9.5 with a 5.29 bs with a 275/40

That’s the specs on this Tahoe…
That truck sits perfect. Thanks for the info. Is that yours ? If so what brand are the wheels. I really like those

spf1268

The Dude Abides..
Reaction score
My previous 2 door Tahoe lowered 5/7

Belltech front springs 2"-3" part number 23405
DJM front spindles 2" part number S2056-2
Rear Belltech Flip kit 6" part number 6605
Any old lowering shackle to get the rear down 1 more inch.
20x8.5 IROC with ET 10 235/45/20 fronts only lightly buzzed on the worst bumps/dips.
Front fender inner lips rolled to not cut the tires.
She rode beautifully and without drama. Really nice cruiser.

Where in NC are ya'll from? We moved from Charlotte NC out here to CA about 7 years back..

Welcome to the site..

zukman31

Reaction score
I actually ordered the US Mags and tire combo from Custom Offset just about an hour ago. I also ordered the Belltech kit listed above and got the street shock with it. Hopefully in about 30 days everything will be here and she will be sitting a lot lower. Having my interior guy redo my 2 front seats and then having the complete Tahoe painted with a smooth frony bumper and a roll pan on the rear. Going to take all of the moldings and badges off and do the grill black to match the truck. If I can find a good deal on the GMC grill I will swap it to one with a billet inset. So excited to build this truck. Thanks for every ones inputs and help. I greatly appreciate it.