96’ K1500 SWB Z71 “Caroline”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Also found these rad late 60s early 70s Rock guards/mud flaps on eBay, bought two to make a set of four! Always liked the idea, not sure how effective they will be overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Link???

Z71Brother

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

JWOK

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JWOK, you’ve caught me red handed. My 10 bolt has served me well but not sure how many more burnouts she has?!

I have been there too, broken a couple driveshafts among other parts from being a little too heavy on the throttle. I don’t think anyone really likes to do things over again, spending more money on the same parts, so tire size and gears are a major decision. You won’t go wrong with the 14SF swap if that is what you decide - bigger axles, gears, bearings, and differential vs 10 bolt.

White96k2500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Went into my eBay account and found the link, but I believe I bought the last of’m... I’ll send the link for the “similar items”.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_...M+WHITE+SPORT+CHEVROLET+BOWTIE+SPLASH+GUARDS+

I honestly shopped around for “OEM” or “Vintage” and that’s how I found them, Let me do some digging.

Dang I figured you got the last of them but i was hoping you did lol. Ive been trying to find some but it slipped away from me lately.

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like we will learn much from each other with whoever starts the swap first! Also thank you! She ain’t much, but she’s mine... let’s see some pictures of your rig!

I’ve got a thread somewhere on this forum similar to urs called “GMT 400 front end rebuild + lift kit...” just posted a little update of the finished product. Just got a few more little things to dial in and I’ll wait til summer for the tranny swap so I can dedicate the time it’s gonna need.
In case you can’t find the thread though...
I’ve done all the work myself except for the exhaust which had to be custom made...

noabarron3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve got a thread somewhere on this forum similar to urs called “GMT 400 front end rebuild + lift kit...” just posted a little update of the finished product. Just got a few more little things to dial in and I’ll wait til summer for the tranny swap so I can dedicate the time it’s gonna need.
In case you can’t find the thread though...
I’ve done all the work myself except for the exhaust which had to be custom made...

Looking forward to seeing where you go with your truck!