95C1500's 1995 Silverado "Build" Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
My man, if you are capable of doing all of the work you have done, I am confident that you can handle a compressor job. Lol. These particular trucks are real easy to do.
The compressor doesn't intimidate me at all lol! Waiting for my paycheck to hit

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Noice build thread! I kinda liked your "redneck phase," but I also like how it looks now. :)

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Just the wrong truck to do it to lol
That's kinda what I thought as well. lol

You got that right. Power sunroof, keyless entry, aux input are plans I have for this thing
Keyless entry is nice to have, my 97's got it from the factory, but I have never used it. Then again, I didn't get a fob with it when I bought it.

There a lot of cheap key fobs out there, but the buttons will rub off quickly. ACDelco fobs are over $70 a piece! :Insane: I went to Advance and they wanted $90!! Dealer wanted $115, installation included. No thanks... They are one of the easiest things to install, why would I pay someone to do it? LOL

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
That's kinda what I thought as well. lol

Keyless entry is nice to have, my 97's got it from the factory, but I have never used it. Then again, I didn't get a fob with it when I bought it.

There a lot of cheap key fobs out there, but the buttons will rub off quickly. ACDelco fobs are over $70 a piece! :Insane: I went to Advance and they wanted $90!! Dealer wanted $115, installation included. No thanks... They are one of the easiest things to install, why would I pay someone to do it? LOL

I ordered a cheap one. Spent the last few days looking through my service manual at wiring diagrams trying to find a good place to tap into everything for the wiring. I want the system to be removable in case it ever goes bad. That means making a wire harness and connector/pigtails from the factory harness. While I'm there, I figured I might as well wire in my comp/temp mirror I've had for months. So now I'm looking into that as well.

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
I ordered a cheap one. Spent the last few days looking through my service manual at wiring diagrams trying to find a good place to tap into everything for the wiring. I want the system to be removable in case it ever goes bad. That means making a wire harness and connector/pigtails from the factory harness.
I ordered the Crimestopper unit with remote start which was under $50 plus the relays for the reverse polarity locks. I love it so far, and it has programmable features as well. I plan on making some kind of T-harness or pigtails as you mentioned to make things cleaner and easily removable - that's a great idea.