95 Z71 build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Hello all. I did a build thread on my 90 GMC that was wrecked. So I figured I’d start a thread on the 95 Silverado I just bought. I am thrilled to have a Silverado now over the 90 that was a base model. So here’s how she sits as of right now
You must be registered for see images attach
The plan is-
* fix the cab corner
* paint( I was thinking white raptor liner since it will be kind of a work truck)
* mud tires
* front bumper (thinking a ranch hand since it’s a farm truck)

don’t know of much more right at the moment. Just want to start a thread so I can keep up with everything and for you guy’s enjoyment

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
wish trucks that era where that clean up here.....always like pics. good truck to build from....
The only rust on this truck is that one cab corner. Frame is spotless. It’s hard to find clean mostly rust free trucks here in Virginia. My 90 had a ton of frame rust which ultimately led to the extremely bent frame.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Put the truck on the lift earlier and checked EVERYTHING thoroughly. There is really nothing mechanically I need to do to the truck. The thing is spotless. No oil or coolant leaks. No frame rust. Everything is solid. Which leaves the body as the biggest issue. Along with minor piddly stuff, like a passenger side window switch and console cupholder. So next on the agenda is cab corner.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice! Any interior pics?

The white raptor liner should look good on it. For tires, you could check into the Dick Cepek Trail Country EXPs, they are kind of an a/t m/t hybrid. Pretty nice tires for the money.

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Nice! Any interior pics?

The white raptor liner should look good on it. For tires, you could check into the Dick Cepek Trail Country EXPs, they are kind of an a/t m/t hybrid. Pretty nice tires for the money.
I’ve got a set of Mastercraft Courser M/Ts that were on my other truck that I’m going to put on. And I’ll get ya some interior pics

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Nice! Any interior pics?

Here’s some interior pics

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Nice truck! The hood reminds me of my old 90 R2500 Burb, it was white and light metallic blue and the hood and front fenders were peeling, but it was a work truck and the paint didn't keep it from running, so I didn't care. That was a good old truck once I got the front end fixed. 8600gvw big box on skinny 16" 10plies, it wanted to wander all over the road if there was any wind. I miss that truck, but the one I have now is a good ol' truck most of the time

Matt Conner

The louder the better
Reaction score
Nice truck! The hood reminds me of my old 90 R2500 Burb, it was white and light metallic blue and the hood and front fenders were peeling, but it was a work truck and the paint didn't keep it from running, so I didn't care. That was a good old truck once I got the front end fixed. 8600gvw big box on skinny 16" 10plies, it wanted to wander all over the road if there was any wind. I miss that truck, but the one I have now is a good ol' truck most of the time
I hope to raptor liner the entire thing so I don’t have to worry about chipping and peeling. I don’t mind it. I’d just like it to look half decent

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Nice! My mom, about 20 years ago, daily drove a 91 R2500 Burb with a 454 under the hood, lol. I remember riding in it when I was younger, it was a cool Burb. My dad has repainted it to a Navy Blue, also had the blue interior. It was from California, so it had zero rust on it. We had sold it about 14-15 years ago sadly. My dad and I last year went to a swap meet and couldn't believe what we saw, it was our old Burb! An older guy was driving around in it, buying some parts. My dad had checked it over, and sure enough, it was ours. There still wasn't a spot of rust it, so it looked like guy had taken great care of it and still looked the same as when we sold it.