95 TBI dash harness work in a 94??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
I know this is a long shot, but I am hopeful for some sort of potential results.

I have acquired a 98 dashboard and wiring harness. I do know the differences between the two different types of engines. So I got to thinking, I wonder if the 95 TBI dash harness would work in my favor?

Does anyone have anything on this? I have the door harness, gauge cluster etc.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope...1995 while still TBI like a 1994, the dash itself is completely different wiring-wise due to different cluster, A/C controls, etc. You try to use a 1995 dash harness in a 1994, you're gonna have a bad time. :)

Richard

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Nope...1995 while still TBI like a 1994, the dash itself is completely different wiring-wise due to different cluster, A/C controls, etc. You try to use a 1995 dash harness in a 1994, you're gonna have a bad time. :)

Richard
I have a 96 a/c heater box and harness. I’m not worried about the climate control thing or the cluster, as I already have an esky cluster. I literally pulled a whole dash assembly. I don’t have the inner door skins and regulators yet.

I meant could I use the 95 computer or even my existing 94 plugged in to run my engine? Mine isn’t stock by a long shot so I already have mine chipped, so if for some strange reason I needed a chip for a 95 computer, I guess that would be part of the game.

I’m literally looking at unbolting my existing dash harness and fuse box and curious about swapping in the 95 harness at the firewall.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
This would all be in place of my 98 harness that I got at the junkyard, but utilizing the 95 harness with the 98 dash.

I hope my rambling makes some sense.

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Bump.... anyone else have an idea, or at least some comprehensive 94 & 95 schematics for me to look at?

I have a couple basic schematics downloaded, but I probably need something better.

I’m clearly okay with needing to move a wire here and there, as I’ve created my own fuse block and junction block under the hood of my truck. So wiring doesn’t scare me at all.

east302

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So...you are putting a 98 dash into a 94 and want to use a 95 harness, right?

I wouldn’t envy the work involved, but have seen photos of dash swaps so it’s certainly feasible. Here’s a link with some information, but it looks like some of the photos were killed when photobucket changed things.

http://www.gmt400.com/threads/dash-upgrade.125/

You can get detailed wiring diagrams from an alldatadiy.com subscription. As an example, here’s part of one for 98 door locks.

You must be registered for see images attach

The subscriptions are about $30/year per vehicle, so that would be one option for securing the diagrams and comparing the two years.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Last edited:

JCribb

Old Army truck mechanic
Reaction score
Yes, I was thinking the 95 harness would be the closest chance of making things happen. I have downloaded the 95 harness, and I’ve studied my repair manuals and aside from a wire or two, I think it is doable.

I was moving this back up to the top to hopefully get another brain involved with the idea. I have found a 95 2wd truck that has power options and it’s a 350 with a manual transmission that has no title I’m considering buying as a parts truck.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rob h