95 TBI 383 to Holley EFI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eg30.06

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's everyone using for aftermarket fuel injection that is self tuning? My 95 is now 25 years old making it emissions exempt! I've been looking at the self tuning Holley setups and also thg he fast setups. What is better and why? I have a 383 that I built about 5 years ago with as bored out tbi. It goes good but I know I left alot on the table not upgrading the fuel system. Essentially it's a HT383 engine.

Dubs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's everyone using for aftermarket fuel injection that is self tuning? My 95 is now 25 years old making it emissions exempt! I've been looking at the self tuning Holley setups and also thg he fast setups. What is better and why? I have a 383 that I built about 5 years ago with as bored out tbi. It goes good but I know I left alot on the table not upgrading the fuel system. Essentially it's a HT383 engine.

I use fitech. Had it for about 3yrs now. No issues at all. Setup is pretty simple. If you go on chevelle.com there is a great write up comparison between Holley sniper and fitech on there. A guy bought both and tested each.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to making the switch from TBI to a self-tuning squarebore setup as well. FiTech was the first on the market, and I know people who've run them, but all the reading I've done leads me to believe FiTech's quality and customer support are good, but not great. Holley has a better reputation, and I don't have the patience to dork around with it if it doesn't work. I'll pay the extra $150 for peace of mind.

The interesting bit is that Summit Racing is now selling the first-gen FiTech setup under their house brand for $750, and the reviews of their customer service is very good. If it weren't a first-gen FiTech, which apparently had questionable quality sensors, I'd buy it.

Last night I ordered the fittings I need to put a fuel gauge inline with my fuel system to diagnose some fuel pressure problems, and while I was at it I ordered the -6AN fittings and throttle/cruise/TV cable hookups I'd need to put a Sniper on my Stepside. I'm still a ways out from being able to order the Holley, but I'm working towards it.