95 Silverado Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Always wanted to do and drag and drive event, decided to take the truck on one in October with my best friend. Truck had less than 150 miles on the swap so we towed it from Charleston SC to Greer SC with my buddy's first gen.

You must be registered for see images attach

Truck did really good for what it being basically a cam only lq4. Ended up racing at 4 tracks in 4 days driving it to and from then back to our hotel every night, 500ish miles all together. Had some small wiring issues and traction problems at one track, but I brought something on a literal 265 all terrain so that was my fault. Best pass was this up at Shadyside dragway in NC.

This trip made some great memories and some really good pictures of the old junk. Definitely want to try to do another next year, a little more prepared this time around.

A few videos from the trip

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Onto the next stage for the truck, 2010 Camaro wheels, already picked up a set of Firestone Firehawks for them, still had the original 2009 date coded Pirelli tires. Flip kit, drop springs, 90/10 shocks, and Speed Engineering traction bars. See if I can make this thing 60ft better.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Well I broke the 4l60e, no surprise. Having a 4l80e built right now with red clutches and a transgo HD2 kit. Ordered an FTI 3600 stall as well.

What more than likely broke my trans

Also got new wheels vs running the camaro wheels, doing 17x4.5 front and 15x10 rears. Should look pretty sick after I drop the truck. Fitment on the rear is flush with the bedside.

Torchred

Carolina Can
Reaction score
Also just had a full 3" stainless exhaust done with V bands, much better than the homemade exhaust I had on it for a year.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
20230608_190137.jpg
Dang! You done burnt the tires all the way off! :p