95 LS swap questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I have run into issues with tuning the fitech in since the last update. Found that most of my problems boiled down to the MAP sensor being wrong. With the fitech you eliminate the MAF which on the stock truck motors means you need to upgrade your MAP sensor to a 3 bar MAP sensor. I found that EFIsource has an LS1 3bar MAP sensor that fits in the truck intake. I should have that by Wednesday or Thursday and should be able to take care of my over fueling issue.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So you can't use a 1 bar map with FI Tech? I thought that was built into the unit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you can't use a 1 bar map with FI Tech? I thought that was built into the unit?

From what I am seeing and finding it has to be at least a 2bar I had a mechanic friend of mine who has done quite a few swaps look at the logs and the first thing he noticed was my 1 bar map sensor was reading at idle like was WOT with 20psi of boost. The problem is because with the fitech you don't have a MAF sensor to gauge airflow so you need at least the 2 bar to read airflow but the system is setup for 3 and being that I can get a 3 bar for a decent price I went that route and then I wont run into issues.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay so I got the 3Bar map sensor in last night and this fixed all my issues. This thing for a full stock motor rips compared to that TBI boat anchor! Now I need to be mindful of the govbomb in the back but wow what a difference. I still need to adjust the shift points as cruising is a little weird on shifting. The computer is still learning but power keeps feeling like its going up. Probably this weekend I am going to go in and rip out all the TBI wiring to clean up the engine bay. I am super curious as to what the mileage is going to be with the new engine as well.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to know!
Okay so I got the 3Bar map sensor in last night and this fixed all my issues. This thing for a full stock motor rips compared to that TBI boat anchor! Now I need to be mindful of the govbomb in the back but wow what a difference. I still need to adjust the shift points as cruising is a little weird on shifting. The computer is still learning but power keeps feeling like its going up. Probably this weekend I am going to go in and rip out all the TBI wiring to clean up the engine bay. I am super curious as to what the mileage is going to be with the new engine as well.

nnik

Reaction score
Let me know how goes with the tbi wiring.... Thats next on y list. Doing that before initial startup. What to get rid of the useless noodle along the firewall lmfao!
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my LG-V533 using Tapatalk

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea it kinda looks convoluted under the hood right now. I am doing the cruise control tonight.

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you using the 95 cruise box?
Yea it kinda looks convoluted under the hood right now. I am doing the cruise control tonight.

Stevea100m

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you using the 95 cruise box?

Yes I plan to do that. I need to take the box apart and swap the cables. I have the fitech that runs all the under hood stuff but kept the TBI ecm to run the cruise and such

RDF1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice. I kept the cruise box on the 91. But I also have 2 cruise box from 2001 and 2002 silverados. I plan on trying one of them