95 ls swap almost done but...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Truck is a 2wd 95 sierra regular cab short bed installed a 6.0 and 4l80 from a 2002 sierra hd
I need a couple of parts confirmed and wiring questions that i need answered. Im trying to make sure the research i did is correct.
Parts...
3 wire temp sensor from a 98 camaro
Oil pressure sensor ill need this adapter along with a 95 sensor. Or if i can splice it in my truck harness https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NW1XKHR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AgODDbQ635JGF

4l80e yolk i have the sliding dirty dingo mounts so would this work? And also what u joints would i need
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdh-2-3-10431x/?rrec=true

Truck harness alternator wire i just want to make sure does it go directy to the LS alternator connector.

Fuel lines can i just connect both my stock lines to both lines on the fuel rail or do i have to use the corvette filter?

The vss wire can i connect it to the connector that i have pictured below or does it have to go directly to the drac box?
That connector is located behind the glove box.

I hope someone can confirm my research or answer any questions i asked. I hope you can understand what i wrote lol
Thank you guys
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HPIII

Reaction score
These are the u-joints I used as well as the yoke part number. I believe I ordered that yoke from Jegs. My truck is a 93 shortbed, early 90’s 4L80 dirty dingo adjustable mounts. Sounds like the same setup.

Dropped88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vss can go straight to the pcm no need for DRAC with the ls computer and Speedo output from pcm goes to cluster. Then adjust tire/gear ratio in computer and Speedo be spot on think mine is just 1mph off

jdmdrew

Reaction score
These are the u-joints I used as well as the yoke part number. I believe I ordered that yoke from Jegs. My truck is a 93 shortbed, early 90’s 4L80 dirty dingo adjustable mounts. Sounds like the same setup.

Thank you for those part numbers i just wasnt to sure.

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Vss can go straight to the pcm no need for DRAC with the ls computer and Speedo output from pcm goes to cluster. Then adjust tire/gear ratio in computer and Speedo be spot on think mine is just 1mph off
So my cluster is what i wanted to get working. On that connector there's a vss signal i will just splice it there then.
Thank you!

jdmdrew

Reaction score

question bro i slid the trans as far back with the yoke part number you gave me. Do you remember how much in and out play you had? The yoke goes in 1 3/4 of a inch inside the tail housing bolted on the diff is that enough?

jdmdrew

Reaction score
Bump!
anyone else im just looking for second opinion

HPIII

Reaction score
question bro i slid the trans as far back with the yoke part number you gave me. Do you remember how much in and out play you had? The yoke goes in 1 3/4 of a inch inside the tail housing bolted on the diff is that enough?

I don’t remember exactly but I was slightly concerned with how much mine was engaged into the transmission. I have a 4/6 drop as well, don’t know how much that may have changed it either. I can measure mine this weekend. I’ve been beating on mine fairly hard with no issues for close to a year.