95 Long bed Reg Cab named "Stitch"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So as you see in the last picture I posted I don't have my wiper pulse board installed. When i got the truck the wipers were in-op, checked voltage at the plug all was good, took the board out cleaned it installed it again this morning and low an behold I have wipers. The board must be an orig as well as it is an ITT white board instead of the green boards of the replacements.

I am chasing a code 43 too have been since I got the truck. I am at a loss what it could be. I am to the point of taking my truck to a shop and having them fix it and eliminate the code 43 and the stumble/backfire out the TBI, I have narrowed it down to timing. But I no longer have my timing light and am just frustrated and want to drive my truck, I've owned it 5mo now and have only driven it on the road 2x both of which were around the block.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I did a bit of work on the truck yesterday reset the timing to 0* BTDC base timing, the truck runs a ton better. I am still chasing the code 43 but I will get to that eventually. I also have figured out what I am doing bench seat upholstery wise too. I will be doing it a gray that is close to the OEM color with the 1972 C10 Highlander Blue Plaid in the center of both driver side and passenger side sitting areas.

You must be registered for see images attach

I am hoping I only need a yard of the fabric to do something like this, its $149/yard. I just need to find a gray that I like.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
My wife makes quilts as a hobby.
She ordered 20 yards last night.
$2.79 per yard on sale.
I feel better after reading previous post.

when it is a specialized interior fabric that is a recreation of an OEM fabric I expect to pay decent $.

OGEEZER33

Reaction score
I understand.
Was shocked. Swinging by the upholstery shop is on my list of " future wants."
How many yards would it take to do a front bench seat.
That is a cool pattern.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
3yrds of the gray and probably a yard at most of the plaid depending on width which I will double check the sample paper after work.

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
So I have decided that I am keeping the SBC and will be building another one to put in it's place.

I am going to be doing the following to the one in the truck

Vortec Heads
Comp Cams 26915 Valve Spring Kit
Comp Cams 1.6 Roller Tip 1418 Rockers
Summit K1103 Cam kit(slightly bigger than a Comp 12-388 computer controlled cam, specs below)
Summit Intake manifold
Trans Dapt Carb-TBI adapter
New Pushrods
ProComp Mid-length Headers
Tune From Harris Tuning

It should be a decently fun truck after that. I will build a different SBC based motor to go in the OEM's place eventually but no clue what I would want to build as far as replacement.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like a solid plan, but do you mind if I opinionate?

If I were to build another motor right now, I wouldn't bother with Vortec heads. I'd start with these bare castings.

I'd skip the roller tip rockers, re-use the stock rocker arms, and just go with a bigger lift cam. Same effect, but easier on the budget. But, if you're dead-set on a 1.6 ratio, these are half the price of the roller tips.

Flat-tappet? I take it your block doesn't have roller provisions? If it does, the extra $200 for a roller cam is exceptionally well worth it.

Last edited:

MrPink

Bainisteoir Páirteanna
Reaction score
It looks like a solid plan, but do you mind if I opinionate?

If I were to build another motor right now, I wouldn't bother with Vortec heads. I'd start with these bare castings.

I'd skip the roller tip rockers, re-use the stock rocker arms, and just go with a bigger lift cam. Same effect, but easier on the budget. But, if you're dead-set on a 1.6 ratio, these are half the price of the roller tips.

Flat-tappet? I take it your block doesn't have roller provisions? If it does, the extra $200 for a roller cam is exceptionally well worth it.
Haven't torn it down yet to see but everything I am reading with it being a ******* year It may not have the provisions. If it does i'll change my cam setup. Thanks for the rocker suggestions, and as far as the heads go i'll look at them too.

99bluetahoe

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice Project, nice blue. Ls swap will be fun if you go that route.