95 k2500 to 6.0l swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I’m not real knowledgeable on the LS. I was under the impression that the bell housings were different from the old small block. But I’m probably wrong.

From what I understand, the only difference is that the LS engines have an extra bolt hole at the top of the bellhousing. The rest of the pattern is the same as a traditional SBC, you can just leave that top bolt out.

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's taking a while. Almost decided to put another low mile 5.7 in but it's leaking at front and rear seals. Think I'm going to use the 6.0. Looks like the entire caddy exhaust should fit and work being same wheel base. Question what do I need to do to bolt motor to trans. 04 6.0l and 95 4l80. 5.7 is ready to lift out then I can see what converter is in it. I'm sure it's tighter than the ls wants but I didn't like the loose converter that was behind the 4l65. Should be fine with my idle speed just be a dog down low. The caddy has traction control if it was shut off it would blow all 4 tires up taking off so castrateing it with a tight converter might make it easier to drive in the snow without traction control. So flat flex plate or dished, spacer? I need to get what I need coming and a set of mounts. Got to measure and see if I can use the caddy radiator since it's big and new