95 K1500 "ole blue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Keep the rust at bay and the little one can help get his truck ready for his 16th birthday.
the rust is getting fixed i have all the panels and the truck hasnt seen salt or anything in the last year or so. And as much as id love to give him my first truck as his. i know what 16 year olds do to trucks cause i did it to this one. the truck was originally my grandfathers and eventually will get passed down to him when he learns that its not just a beater. I do however plann on getting him and the wife one soon. May get her a tahoe or something but id like to find a single cab long bed for him. Long enough to haul dirtbikes and whatever but not enough cab to get in trouble XD.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another small update, Got the heads pulled off the parts truck and had them pressure tested. Everything went well so i started work on them.
You must be registered for see images attach

after cleaning them and having them pressure tested i installed new valve seals and gm 19420455 ls springs and comp 787-16 retainers giving me .530 ish retainer to seal clearance, not doing anything special because its not got a huge cam in it to begin with. Its only .470 lift so has .060 leeway.

i did keep the stock locks because i am using self aligning rockers. From what ive seen this setup with a cam that is a tad bigger lays down somewhere in the 380hp range.
I also added another chevy truck to the family. Picked up a 07 NNBS 1500 to use as a daily/tow rig. not gonna do much to it. Maybe a decent exhaust and some bolt on upgrades for the trans. 4l60e :(

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another update:
got the heads put on over the weekend and its such a noticable difference. havent gotten to take it out on the road since the bed isnt bolted down yet, but just pulling it in and out of the garage it feels like it runs so much better.

over all i am very satisfied with the head swap and the fact that it has all new gaskets in the top end. Hopefully shell be back on the road soon.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ll I’ve gotten some boring but good work done to the truck this week. Melted the clutch line on the header so that was just maintenance and replacing but I’ve got her slow moving forward.
Put a new brake system on the ole girl. Couldn’t get the old brake hoses off the lines so that will have to wait till I get new ones but that’s fine.

Also got the tail lights on the new bed and had to rework some of the wiring to make it work.

And another small detail is polishing the air cleaner lid that has been around for probably the last 20 years. First polish since I’ve had it and since the rad hose exploded.

That’s currently all for the last week. Should be getting some more done this week and next since I’m off. Waiting on my fuel pump to come to hook up my efi kit. And it should run and drive like it used to. No more worrying about carb fires or being too lean/rich.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been a while since I’ve updated this. Figured I should since I’m burning time at work. Got some 20x12 wheels for the truck since its basically gonna be a pavement princess.

Started to tune on it and get it running good with the edelbrock that’s on it and have had nothing but issues with it. Had 0 fuel pressure at the carb so had to adjust regulator and only got it up to 4.5 lbs.

Did a burn out in it sunday 8/14 and she saw some rpm and lost oil pressure. Thinking it spun a rod bearing. Starting to save for parts. If im doing it again its
Getting done once and for all. Fresh fenders core support and hood will be going on when engine goes back into it.