95 K1500 "ole blue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after the many ups and downs ive had with this truck since ive last posted its come to the point to where its getting a 5.3 put in it. Initially i had swapped in another sbc. This time it was a built bottom end 355 with aluminum heads and ive had nothing but issues with the carb and the top end. So ive finnaly decided on putting a 5.3 in the truck. Now i love the sbc plat form but after doing the dod delete on my 2007 5.3 ive since fallen in love with the ls based engines.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirty engine but in decent shape.

carnage of the 7200 rpm burnout

new engine in

And a picture for reference of what she looks like currently.
The 355 ran great for about 30 minutes and blew a plug out for the cam oil galley, after getting it re-threaded and all sealed up it hasnt ran right since, currently its had a new carb, distributor, plugs+wires, and about everything in the top end re adjusted and it still hasnt ran right since. Thought i was being big brained when everyone told me i was taking a step back with the carb and everything but little did i know those very smart people on here were right. Currently i am tearing down the 5.3 to do gaskets and a cam while ive got it appart, The Btr stage 4 v2 truck cam in my 07 is coming out in favor of a more mild stage 1 or 2 and is going into this 5.3 along with blue ls springs and some other odds and ends.

@Green95Hoe Guide has been on of the most helpful links in this so far, wish the photos were still up on it though.
Link for any one that wants to read through. Packed with info for all of us external slave manual guys

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, the 5.3 is still the end goal with this truck, currently its still got the 355 in it and i now runs a hell of alot better, at some point one of the vaccum caps developed a crack and began leaking, and the timing was way out, i mustve not had it set correctly when i re seated the dist, and last 3 of the rockers backed out again. come to find out when it dumped oil pressure it stuck the bowls of the rockers sideways. got it out and got it running great again, so for the time being until i get my harness and the rest of the parts to gether to do the swap. im going to run and beat on the truck untill it blows up. This engine loves doing 7k pulls which is exactly what it was built for.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not sure exactly what kicked me into gear to fix it but i drove past it one day coming home from work. And i had to get it running and out of my grams driveway.(No longer have my shop and live in town so cant leave it on the street.) :(

Hopefully there will be more to come maybe this week ill get it over to the house and cleaned up. Need to put insurance on it. My 07 is sadly getting traded in and hopefully we can get a place by the end of the year. Looking for somewhere with either a decent yard for a new shop or an attached garage.