95 K1500 "ole blue"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
This truck has been all over the north east. Starting out its life up in Michigan and going to Maryland to Ohio then to me in Pennsylvania. I bought it off of my grandfather for $1000 as a stock 305 5spd 4wd truck with 156000 miles on it. Heres how she sat the day i bought her.
You must be registered for see images attach

She was in pretty good shape all she needed was a slave cylinder to drive. threw one in it and started running her.

over the course of the next few months i slowly peiced together the interior as far as the radio, speakers and tweeters go.

took her offroading for the first time and she did pretty well for crawling up a 50 degree hill

i got some wheels and tires off of a buddy for free, worse tires but better yet ugly wheels
i also picked up a 52 inch curved light bar at this time

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

i sold the tool box and the light bar because i blew up the rear end and parked the truck.

close to 6 months later i finally had enough money to get the rear end rebuilt. i put it back on the road and ran if for almost another 2 months before the nv3500 got the classic input shaft bearing whine, it still does it but i didnt want to run the truck at the time.

another month or so later i took it back out and went mudding with my buddies and ended up shattering the t-case chain. bought another transfer case and went back on my merry way.

then i broke the driveshaft and parked it again and bought an explorer that had brand new 31s on it

sadly i got backed into at my local gas station and they totaled it but i got 2000$ and got to keep my tires off of it, so heres how she sits as of today, shes in the garage getting it ready to pass inspection because the shop that was supposed to fix the trans deemed it "too unsafe to be driving on the road because it needed body mounts and the leaf spring had a hairline crack in it.

ill update this in a few days going over everything thats getting done to it. im buying a brand new set of 35x12.5r17 tires off my buddies dad for $400 after basics in September, hes holding onto them for me and i do work for him so hes giving me a damn good deal on them. other than that ive got a 3inch body lift on its way from rough country. Thanks for reading this far if you have, shes a WIP but it will slowly get there.

e30dean

Reaction score
Great start to the truck, eventually you will get enough parts replaced that it will be a dependable rig. I am taking a slightly different approach, I am trying to preventatively replace the parts that are bound to break.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
So after a couple weeks of waiting and getting impatient i've finally got the truck back, it ended up needing a whole rear end and a bunch of other things to pass inspection so its all been fixed. I was planning on doing it all myself but currently i dont have the space for it as our garage is full. I got it back and immediately got it stuck but it no longer whines, still needs input shaft bearings but im gonna get another nv3500 and find someone to make me billet gears for it so i can beef up the trans to take the power i eventually want to make. For now ill just show the picture right before we got it stuck. Ill slowly be adding to this thread, i found another job so i can start saving money. I had to take a small loan from my parents so im currently in the hole around $700 but its back and running so thats all that matters.

The next few things i want to do to the truck is the Hurst/Core Short Throw Shifter, seems to be pretty good for the money it'll also help me for when i get the body lift put on.May do a write up/ video of the install and a few other things. I plan on making a youtube channel at some point to make videos to help others that run into the same problems. But for now that's all ill update this every once in a while when things get done to the truck.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What inch of body lift are you thinking of putting on it?
planning on doing a 3 inch and saving to get a 6inch rcx lift kit. currently broke so nothings gonna happen for a little till i can save up some money again. Next 3 things getting done are the exhaust, body lift, and core/hurst shifter

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
little update. found out 2 of my steelies are bent and my brake pads were damn near gone. so pulle it out behind the house and pulled it appart to find that my caliper is rust welded to the caliper bracket. rotors were fine so i only did pads for now. went with duralast max and they feel pretty good for what they are. 49$ well spent on good brakes. next thing i need to figure out is whats binding, guessing its the front ujoing since it had 172k on it.

thatclappedsilverado

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
also i guess you cant put videos on here so heres what it sounds like. hollowed out cat with a 12inch glass pack and a turn out
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media