95 K1500, crank - no start issue.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Alright so yesterday I got stuck in a walmart parking lot with a crank - no start issue, the truck ran very well, no noticeable problems at all. out of no where it doesn't start, so I walked a mile to the nearest autozone and purchased a cap, rotor, ignition module, and a fuel filter. after replacing them I had the same issue, most of the videos and threads I looked at pointed to a bad fuel pump, so by this time I have a friend helping me and giving me rides back and forth to autozone. I get the new fuel pump and then we begin the process of gaining access to the fuel pump, not fun at all for two guys that barely weigh 150 pounds.
You must be registered for see images attach

so with everything back together and the key in the ignition I hear the fuel pump wine, we attempt to start it but no cigar, she cranks, and does not start. by this time it was a little after 9 PM, all the auto parts stores had closed so we called triple A and had it towed to my parents house. today I got spark out of the wire going to the #1 cylinder, spark out of the coil, and I tried the fuel pump relay out of my 95' C1500. still doesn't want to start and I'm running out of probable causes.

any advice or info on how a similar problem was diagnosed would be very appreciated.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wow, nice work changing the fuel pump in a parking lot.

with all the stuff you replaced, you're going to have to start the diagnosis from square one.
new parts maybe defective or you may have introduced an issue that wasn't there previously.

did you check fuses to key components?
distributor spins?
coil with tester?
fuel pressure?
injectors squirting?

CTS up by the thermostat housing can cause no start.

How many miles on the truck?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Connect scan tool, see if you have RPM signal when cranking.

Verify fuel pressure at TBI.

Squirt gasoline into the throttle body, see if it runs.

Last edited:

LUDLOW

Reaction score
Alright just incase someone else has this issue. we used a fuel pressure test kit; and we were only getting a little over 10 pounds of pressure out of the new unit. a co-worker of mine theorized the generic replacement I purchased might have good pump with a bad sending unit, so after our ac delco sending unit arrived we took the entire assembly out and re-assembled with the autozone pump/ac delco sending unit combo, and she fired right up. although I am not 100% sure this was the issue it seemed to solve the problem, so for anyone out there with a bad fuel pump I would recommend all ac delco parts. not worth the head ache of chasing issues with brand new supposedly good parts.