'95 Cheyenne

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheyenne95

Reaction score
jgreen16, I believe the wheel base is 168.5 inches, but I'll have to measure to double check. I know with my 18' trailer hitched up, combined they are right at 48' long.

Being a 4x4, the turning radius is that of a freight train.

Cheyenne95

Reaction score
Haven't posted up in a long while.

I also haven't rebuilt the front end yet.

Our house build kicked off in late February with the (loooong) driveway being cut in. Last week they started framing.

Ordered a red iron building. I still don't have a plan for getting it put up as money is tight. Looking for a pair of used over-head doors as it is. I had to get it ordered so they could get to work on it; leap of faith. Totally out of character for me, so worried about this one

The new plan now is to get a building put up and rebuild the front end under a roof. Imagine, working under a roof, being able to put tools down at the end of the day instead of packing everything up each night, and being able to leave the truck tore apart without worrying about the weather.

On another front, I used a local guy for the powder coating on the OEM style steel wheels. He works at a small manufacturer that makes small parts and powder coats those small parts. So he has access to the proper equipment and oven. He powder coats wheels on the side. Two years late the rims have rust coming through. If they were aluminum I'm sure they would had been fine. I took the truck to a company that specializes in powder coating. They said the reason the powder coating is failing is because a primer powder coating wasn't put down first. They can powder coat the rims for almost the exact same price. The problem is they are six to eight weeks out and I drive my truck almost daily. It might sound crazy, but I purchased a 7th wheel (for a spare) and intend to have one wheel done at a time. Take a rim off the truck, install the freshly coated rim, and hand the take-off to the powder coater. Might take a year, but forward progress is better than none.