95 chevy k1500 5.7l - 5.3l ls transmission/ transfer case question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justin88

Reaction score
So I have a 95 chevy k1500 with a 5.7l tbi 4l60e and the floor shift transfer case. I'm planning on swapping in a 02 03 dbw 5.3ls. Question is will the transmission attach to the 5.3 with just the adaptor. And besides tuning will the 4x4 work? Also I recently sold the vortec out of my 99 gmc yukon. But I'm keeping the transmission also 4l60e. Would I be better off to use the 99 4l60e or will the 95 work fine. What will I need to make the 4x4 work if there is any issue. I don't want the push button 4x4 from the yukon so will my 95 transfer case attach to the 99 transmission attached to the 5.3

LS Fun

Reaction score
Same as Justin88. Exact same questions here. I do know that Terminator X Max will not work with the ‘95 4L60E or transfer case. Just had my trans rebuilt too and have no idea what to do. Apparently the 95 4L60E is a one year trans. Go figure….

Reaction score
In my opinion be better off and save some time using the 4l60E out of the 99 Yukon what's makes the 1995 one year only is that it's a PMW 4l60E just means that an extra solenoid was added to the valve body to control the pulsed lock up strategy of the converter clutch no other year was PMW now you can still use a 95 transmission in any year if truck its self is not a 1995 ok all you have to do is add a wire into the transmission harness that connects PCM/PWM pin to the transmissions PWM pin Now If truck is a 1995 ok and if 4l60E is not a PWM controled tranny will still work just have to take the PCM and reprogram it to delete the PWM function or get PCM out of any other year chevy and should work just fine Now ok 5.7l and.5.3l tranny from 5.7l will.bolt up to the 5.3l.thats it fly wheels are different shafts are different and not percent sure maybe truck side connector for transmission harness not for sure proble but not postive can sure make it work now.4x4 tcase manual in to a 4x4 tcase automatic not sure have not tryed if anybody would happen to know info on that would like to know details of what all it takes to complete conversion Hopefully this may have answered some of ya guys questions thank ya good luck