95 c/k power window and door lock harness

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrmbrown93

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is included in the 1995 c/k power window and door lock harness or If someone has a wiring diagram that would be helpful thanks

richclemson

Reaction score
Any luck? I'm looking for the same thing. I found a set of donor doors with power windows, locks and mirrors and want to switch it all into my manual everything truck.

richclemson

Reaction score
I went to the boneyard and found a few things. I found a 1999 door set with power windows, power door locks and power mirrors for $250. The harness in the door passed from the door and into the body just below the top hinge. If you remove the triangle shaped (roughly) kick plate on each side of the cab you can get access through a small rectangular opening. On the driver side, it's right below and behind the e brake pedal. If you can hook the three cables with your finger and work them out the access point you can disconnect the 3 connectors and separate the door harness from the body harness. I dropped the doors and grabbed and took them complete.

I found a 1997 with the interior pretty torn up. After removing all the lower dash panels, radio bezel and glove box, I unbolted the dash and leaned it forward. The harness from the door panels on the passenger side passes up through the dash substructure and up to the top of the inner frame (immediately under where the dash pad usually sits). A branch of the harness passes behind the heater duct work and down against the firewall, under the carpet and just to the right of the gas pedal. It connects up to the lights in the 4x4 shifter, and continues to the air bag sensor and power seat plug in on both sides. All under the carpet and a pain in the butt to get out. I had to drop the three retaining bolts off the heater duct on the engine side of the firewall to get enough clearance to yank it all out. It also branches down to two electrical boxes just to the left and slightly higher then the ash tray. I took both not knowing what they did.

Back at he top of the dash frame, the cables again branch to the convenience center. This seems to be the only connection point into the trucks electrical system. It was just to the right of the brake pedal in the GRE spot if memory is right. Easy disconnect.

I'm sure I am forgetting a few branches that seemed to be to the interior clearance lights on the dash assembly.

Near the driver door, the lines continue down between the same sub structure to the same general connection point to the driver door. The e brake had to come off the wall to get room to work. Three bolts, not to bad. Another branch of the harness passes under the driver side door sill just on the outboard side of the seat belt past the b pillar and into the open space under the storage bin on the rear seat (ext cab). It is easy to pull the bin out but took some feeling around in the empty space to find the connection. I think it traveled up to the dome lights from there.

I read in another thread if you can get this harness, you have to put a few fuses into the fuse block to pass power, but the rest should be plug and play. I think I want to strip out the windows door and mirror specific parts of the harness and hope I don't have to strip my I dash and interior to replace the entire thing.

I'm also curious to see if all the connection points are present on my truck and it's a matter of plugging the doors in and putting fuses in place. Easy check, pull the passenger side kick plate on the outside wall I described above and hope to find three wires with empty connectors just chilling in empty space. It's a small rectangular opening maybe 3" tall x 2" wide. Wishful thinking I am sure....but would make for an easy mod. W harness set me back $25.

Time will tell and I'm on the road for a few weeks now so will have to wait to find out.... I didn't take pictures of the disassembly - but will as I get to work on my truck. Let me know if this is clear....

Last edited:

CSVoelkel

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what is included in the 1995 c/k power window and door lock harness or If someone has a wiring diagram that would be helpful thanks

Attachments

• original.jpg
    original.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 101
  • original (1).jpg
    original (1).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 102

Kutthroat

Reaction score
Where it says fuse block its not talking about the under the hood fuse block right? Just the one driver side panel on the side