95 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CamoGoddess13

Reaction score
The other day I was getting ready to park my truck and when I put it in Reverse it wouldn't move. I had checked all my fluids and everything was good, I hadn't had any problems before that moment. It's a automatic and I'm not sure what the transmission is, any suggestions?

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Assuming you're talking about a 4L60E...

https://www.gmt400.com/threads/answer-to-any-4l60e-trouble.3596/

First failure in the first post:

1. Slow, slipping or no reverse: “lo-reverse” clutches are worn out, fluid leak in the reverse apply circuit, or broken sunshell. It is possible to remedy a fluid problem by removing the checkball from its cage in the case in the rear of the trans may help (must remove valvebody), or adding a high-viscosity additive such as Lucas Transmission additive or other seal restorer product. May also have worn boost valve (can replace in the pan).

Unless you're comfortable rebuilding it yourself, I'd be looking for a replacement trans or a reputable builder.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Third, drive up to any local trans shop, ask them to look at the thing. Perhaps they'll test-drive.

When my '88 K1500 had no reverse, I dropped $2000+ on the rebuild. (Still haven't gotten it back from the rebuilder yet. Initial estimate was for ~$2200)