94 with the 6.5l diesel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swstevenson

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a 1994 3500 with the 6.5l diesel in it. It’s got 237,000 miles on it and their asking $4000. I’m not familiar with these diesel at all so I wanna know if they’re good engines and if it’s a good deal or if these are poopoo and I should avoid them? Thanks!

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're a light duty diesel. If you accept the fact that they aren't capable of what newer diesels are and don't push them past their limits, you'll be fine.
That said, I've owned 2, there will not be a third.

smokymtn65

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have had a few, if your wanting a power house and intend to work it to death, stay away. There are a varity of good upgrades to make them economically dependable. heat is a killer runing it over 210 prolonged you will be proud owner of a paperweight. Do you have any more info on maintance or upgrades ? It's due a harmonic balancer if it has not been changed, when they fail it breaks the crank. (been there done that)