94 Suburban K2500 Rear Heater Hose Disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do I release the quick disconnects on the rear heater hoses where they connect to the rear heater core on my 94 suburban k2500?

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do I release the quick disconnects on the rear heater hoses where they connect to the rear heater core on my 94 suburban k2500?

I used a cut-off wheel to disintegrate the quick connectors (while saving the hard-line plumbing). I also used the same wheel to remove the old hose from the rear coolant hardlines, by cutting through the crimped collars.

You'll need to do something similar in the middle of those rear coolant lines (under the passenger's side door) too, where there's another set of quick connect fittings / collared fittings.

Finally, up in the engine bay behind the wheelwell, there's another set of hoses that are held onto the rear coolant lines with crimped collars.

See this thread:

Last edited:

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m wondering if this is how to remove these quick disconnects on a 94!? I know this video shows how to remove the fittings in the engine compartment, but possibly the same for the rear heater core on the suburban.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The video above is for the newer style, I believe. I think I’m 94 they are pinch style.

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll let you know! Lol.

At this point I’m just trying to get this thing started with as little pain as possible. Lol

termite

Definitely NOT Awesome
Reaction score
My 95 has the pinch style. No tools needed.

I retained the "quick connect" when i had it apart but did have to replace the hose assembly running down by the exhaust manifold with an ebay part. Aftermarket and required swapping out a clip from the original but no leaks and went into place.

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent. I soaked the quick connects with PB Blaster and they came off finally. Took 2 days for them to decide they’d let go. Probably going to replace Al the heater hose at some point. Rebuild it same as 1998_K1500_sub did his. Very nice rebuild!!

Sawlty

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 95 has the pinch style. No tools needed.

I retained the "quick connect" when i had it apart but did have to replace the hose assembly running down by the exhaust manifold with an ebay part. Aftermarket and required swapping out a clip from the original but no leaks and went into place.

Happen to have any part numbers for those parts?