94 suburban Front end.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey all I've got a 94' suburban and I want to replace the front end, my control arms have the riveted ball joints. I'd like to do the work myself but I want to replace the whole front end and dont want to deal with torsion bars. I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg to have a shop do all the work. How much of a pain is it to replace the lower control arm dealing with the torsion bar?

abrasumente

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey all I've got a 94' suburban and I want to replace the front end, my control arms have the riveted ball joints. I'd like to do the work myself but I want to replace the whole front end and dont want to deal with torsion bars. I'm sure it would cost an arm and a leg to have a shop do all the work. How much of a pain is it to replace the lower control arm dealing with the torsion bar?

If you get the rental tool to remove the torsion bars from the parts store, it’s a cinch. Just note how many turns it takes to loosen the torsion keys up and when you reinstall get as close to that amount of turns as you can, and BE SURE to take your ride to a reputable alignment shop. I should’ve left mine alone on the first alignment, but I’m picky and took it somewhere else and boy did they do a number on it