Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nash Bridges

Reaction score
so i have a 1994 suburban with a stock 5.7l gas v8 (automatic trans) that has 345,000 miles, could i swap it for something like a bmw v12 or a diesel?
what transmission could be used?

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must not like driving your Chevy too much. Putting a bimmer 12 in it will certainly be in the shop a lot. Or you like being broke for the same reason.

Probably just use whatever trans comes in that application. I think some were ZF 6 speeds for the BMWs.

You’ll have a lot of options for a diesel unless it’s an oddball one. Put in a 453-T.

Nash Bridges

Reaction score
You must not like driving your Chevy too much. Putting a bimmer 12 in it will certainly be in the shop a lot. Or you like being broke for the same reason.

Probably just use whatever trans comes in that application. I think some were ZF 6 speeds for the BMWs.

You’ll have a lot of options for a diesel unless it’s an oddball one. Put in a 453-T.

i just need something that runs as smoothly as possible. i have a pretty mucb unlimited budget as of r8ght now

XJPhoenix

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
What sort of attributes are you looking for that would be different from your current engine? Are you looking for more torque? Are you looking for more high end oomph? Better economy? Not trying to be critical, just trying to understand what you're looking for that would be different from what you have.

:)

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Bentley Arnage 6.8L Turbo from the 90s maybe. They came with 4L80Es and made some pretty massive torque numbers. My local wrecking yard had one with 13,000 miles on it.