94 RCSB with funky options and color

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
My truck, named 24 Karat Brown, is a 1994 Chevy C1500. TBI 350, NV3500 5-speed, posi rear. All of the drivetrain options are top of the line, but the rest? Not at all. Manual windows, locks, and bench seat. Needle gauges with tach, factory A/C and 4 speaker radio. She also came in an odd paint color, from what I heard it was only offered for 1994-1995. Originally ordered new by my grandfather, then it was sold to his nephew. He put the bulk of the miles on her. Then he sold it to my father, who didn’t treat it so well. He did at first, with a new grill, lights front and rear, and he cleaned up the interior. By cleaned up I mean a seat cover to “fix” the giant holes and spray painted plastics. Then the brakes got funky, the alternator quit, and the horn started blowing when it wanted to(I still have this problem.) so he let it sit for the better part of two years. That of course was the time he decided to give it to me, all he did to “repair” it was put a new battery in it, but I’m glad he did. Once I got it I had to overhaul the front brakes entirely, new rotors, bearings, pads, hoses, and fluid flush. Other than that she’s been reliable. Needs new u-joints installed and I’m in the process of swapping in a new steering column. Including the Jeep steering shaft idea.

I’ll add some photos, the first one is when I first got her, she was nothing but a trash hauler then
You must be registered for see images attach

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Good looking truck, lots of potential there!

Thank you! My plans are pretty simple, I’m just going to do a 2/4 drop and new rims off of a Jeep. As for the motor I want to focus on interior and suspension first, but I’d like to make 400hp one day and that’ll be plenty

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good lookin' truck! Yours looks to be a Cheyenne with the deluxe exterior trim option (chrome grille, extra moldings, etc.) that makes it look more like a Silverado. My '96 has this, but like yours has the basic manual windows/locks/mirrors. It's kind of "half-Cheyenne, half-Silverado," what Chevy used to sell as the Scottsdale. I guess they figured it'd be easier to make it a package for the Cheyenne or something.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
some newer camaro stock rims would look sweet
That was the plan, I was gonna use 2010 Camaro SS rims. But they’re a different bolt pattern and more expensive. I got a set of 17” Jeep rims, great condition for only $40!

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
Good lookin' truck! Yours looks to be a Cheyenne with the deluxe exterior trim option (chrome grille, extra moldings, etc.) that makes it look more like a Silverado. My '96 has this, but like yours has the basic manual windows/locks/mirrors. It's kind of "half-Cheyenne, half-Silverado," what Chevy used to sell as the Scottsdale. I guess they figured it'd be easier to make it a package for the Cheyenne or something.

I look forward to seeing how this turns out!

Thank you! I don’t have crazy plans for it, just a simple 2/4 drop, rims and tires. I have to do plenty of work to the interior to get it how I want it. As for the motor it’s gonna be sloppy mechanics for a while

24 Karat Brown

Completely Broke
Reaction score
I’ll post some of the interior. I plan to add some factory buckets and that’s really the most of it. I’m saving to get a Forever Sharp steering wheel. I plan to have the center pieces in the original paint color (can be seen where the paint is peeling on the doors) and keeping the rest in the light tan. I just need to find out the names of the colors

jnewkirk77

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ll post some of the interior. I plan to add some factory buckets and that’s really the most of it. I’m saving to get a Forever Sharp steering wheel. I plan to have the center pieces in the original paint color (can be seen where the paint is peeling on the doors) and keeping the rest in the light tan. I just need to find out the names of the colors

Mine came with a blue door panel on the driver's side and the original burgundy on the passenger's. So to fix that, I bought a spray can of Rust-Oleum 2X in what looked like the original burgundy ... turned out to be a far brighter red. But it gets compliments - and it definitely brightened up both doors. I would bet you could find a good match that will really look nice. Won't cost a fortune, either. Just a thought!