94 octane vs 87 octane?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I don't know if anyone has done a post about this yet but I thought I would. 94 octane vs 87 octane, what do you guys think is it worth paying more for the 94 octane and does it give more power?!? And help mpg?!

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I don't know if anyone has done a post about this yet but I thought I would. 94 octane vs 87 octane, what do you guys think is it worth paying more for the 94 octane and does it give more power?!? And help mpg?!
What Swagger said, unless your engine is tuned to run on 94, you're just blowing away $$$... The difference between 87 and 94 is 94 burns cooler

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
THe best thing you can do is run non-ethanhol gas in your truck.......if you can find it. Luckly we have a few places around where I live that sell it.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But if the 94 burns cooler won't that be easier on the engine? I used 87 octane but yesterday I went to fill up and thought I would try 94 it seems to run a bit smoother I think, but I also put some Fuel Conditioner in it so maybe thats doing something!

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually the higher the octane the hotter the fuel burns.

Heres a good websitde to find ethonal free gas.

http://pure-gas.org/

Too damn bad the few stations I had around here are there no more.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
But if the 94 burns cooler won't that be easier on the engine? I used 87 octane but yesterday I went to fill up and thought I would try 94 it seems to run a bit smoother I think, but I also put some Fuel Conditioner in it so maybe thats doing something!

IF you run 94 long enough you will burn your valves up, if the computer is not tuned for it you are wasting money, I have a chip and it says 93 will help but I never notice a difference when I run it.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ethanol contains less BTU's than gasoline so there for mixing it in lowers the engery content per gallon.