94 k1500 windshield leak issues.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

howella66442

Reaction score
I have searched the forum and used the search function as well and haven't found anything concerning windshield leak. The leak is coming from just right of the rear view mirror looking towards the front of the vehicle. Is their any fix for this or do I need to ha e the windshield replaced?

It's a 94 k1500 2 door blazer.
Thanks.

howella66442

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply df2x4. My leak is at the top of the windshield. I will try to dremel out the caulking at the top of the windshield and reseal it.

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
There's no caulking. The windshield is installed using a special urethane adhesive. If it's letting go, you really should have a glass shop remove & reseal; water getting in is one issue but the other is that the windshield is actually part of the structural rigidity of your cab - protecting you in a crash or a rollover. Yes the glass will break, but before it does, it helps keep the cab from crushing so easily.

Richard

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Most glass places have a lifetime warranty for sealing the windshield. The best thing is to have it removed and resealed. If you try to use some kind of sealant over the leak, water may puddle in that area and cause rust to form under the windshield.