94' Honda Accord AKA Goldfish

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Posted an intro thread and was told there was a sub forum for non-GMT related content...so here I am!

I've had this car since 2010 or so - second honda I've ever owned and the 1st was a 94' Accord as well.

Anyhow, I'll leave out a lot of the details but if y'all are SUPER bored, I'll post the links to the build in the making since the beginning lol

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/showthread.php?t=148245

http://www.hondasociety.com/board/showthread.php?t=155068

As of today, here's the list:

Exterior
-Chasis
-New OEM paint (Cashmere Silver) painted at Scottie’s Custom Rods (HOWEVER; body work was done by me, therefore; not perfect—Scott’s work is perfect but not my own on this one)
-High Grade/Professional paint and clear along with all other materials used--$1500 in supplies alone.
-Fenders were cut and retrofitted with 2 front sets of ZG Universal Fender Flares (I hope to replace these with custom fender overlays one day)
-B-Dot Retro Fitted Depo Headlights
-HID Blubs/Slim Ballasts
-E46 Chrome Shrouds
-Hi Bi-Xenon Projectors
-94/95 SiR Bumper lights/lenses
-94/95 Capa-Certified Front Bumper w/Greddy front lip
-Stanley Side Markers/Turn signals
-OEM SiR Side Skirts
-Replica SiR 94/95 rear spoiler
-Authentic Mugen Front grill
-96/97 Work rear lip on 94/95 Bumper

Interior
-Bride Zeta III seat on Sparco L brakets and sliders
-AutoPower 6pt bolt in Cage
-AutoPower 5pt Harness'
-Gutted rear interior with custom seat/panel delete inserts
-Beige leather inserts from a 99’ Acura CL fronts and backs
-JDM Woodgrain center console (Can-Am)
-Retro fitted RSX K-Tuned Shifter Box with JRBuilt shift *** and matching h22 cables
-Momo Woodgrain E-Brake Handle w/momo button adapter/leather boot
-Momo Olympic Leather Woodgrain Steering wheel
-NRG Slim Version Quick Release
-NRG Slim Hub PLUS extension
-BB6 Prelude Cluster installed with Plug and Play Harness
-NEW JBL front component speakers
-Infinity Kappa 2-Way rear speakers
-Momo Black Pedals

Engine Bay
-Stock H23A
-TWM 50mm 2000 series ITBs
-PLM rep 4-2-1 Header with electric cutout
-P28 ECU with Hondata S300
-Fat Four Custom’s finishing washers
-FFC Battery tie down
-FFC Radiator Brackets
-Fluidlyne Full Size Radiator with SPL slim fans
-High Flow cat after cutoff goes into a 2.5” exhaust piping with test pipe and World Sports II Apex’i Muffler (WSII)
-H23 non LSD transmission

Suspension:
-Koni Nuespeed Shocks/Struts (discontinued version)
-Ground Control Coilovers w/custom spring rate Front: 550 Rear: 450
-FFC Extended front top hats
-OEM stock rear top hats
-Moog tie rods
-Poly Bushings
-Sway Bar bushings
-Front Endlinks
-Radius rod bushings
-Ingalls Camber kit up front—anchor bolt style /poly bushings
-Front EF Skunk2 UCA’s camber kit
-Rear Disk Conversion from an EX accord
-Slotted Rotors all the way around
-Eibach Extended Studs (for up to a 15mm spacer)
-FFC rear LCA’s
-FFC Toe Arms
-Ingalls rear camber kit (Smart Arms)
-Explicate Traction Bar setup
-BBK using FFC caliper bracket, RL customized calipers from WerdWerx, SS brake lines and 350z Brembo Z rotors/pads

Wheels
-Work Emotion XD9s
-17X9.5 +2 with a 15mm spacer included
-255/40r17s
-Work Open Ended/extended blue lug nuts

You must be registered for see images attach
gfish by ACCORDinglyDone, on Flickr

2020-06-22_08-39-21 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

41667392_2137431619664589_1825457767628931072_o by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

So, some of you may be asking..."all that and still running a stock motor?!?"...well, I got a short version for ya'll asking that question.

I had a motor "mostly" built but a local builder well known in the industry byt the name of KStuned. Here's the list:

Sleeved H22A Block
TWM 50mm 2000 series ITBs
550cc Injectors
255 Walbro
PLM Header
K572M88 Wiseco piston kit (11.5:1)
Golden Eagle Rods
Bore and Hone
Deck block
Complete Head Service:
Replace Valve guides
Pressure check and clean
Valve Job
High-speed head surface
Ferrea 5000 flat face valves (Ferrea 5504 and 5506 (standard sized) flat faced) plus Crower springs and retainers
Crower 63422-2 cams
Hand ported, 3 angle valve job combustion chambers and exhaust ports polished, intake ports gasket matched and ceilings raised for a smoother transition towards the valve opening, oil drain ports and casting seams in the valvetrain area have been deburred to prevent any weak casting defects from breaking loose and ending up in the oil pickup
Bronze valve guides
BSE kit
H22 HX Rod bearing set -Race
OEM Pink Main Bearings
1T1957 ACL Thrust Washers Honda
Cometic Headgasket
OEM Honda Intake and Exhaust Valve Stem Seals
Rear Main Seal
Oil Pressure Gauge
Air/Fuel AEM gauge
KStuned Blk ECU with HondataS300

So with that list the motor made 178hp. Tuner said cams were too mild. Ok, so I purchase a "built" head with more aggressive than stock cams--made a whopping 183hp. Again, tuner blames camshafts even tho we are making less than stock. Once more, I purchase some cams of his preference and when I remove head for inspection, the walls were tore up along with the pistons, Tuner/build puts the blame on me saying I overheated it and also informs me that he personally disabled data logging so there is no data the back my claim that it never overheated...the irony of not having data but yet that doesn't stop him from being right...If you wanna know more about that story, check out KStuned FB page under the reviews.

That's the short version and the reason why I now have a stock motor and a 10k paper weight of an engine sitting in my garage.

-Idle Serge

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I know that hurt.

Did you raise the nose of the car when you filled the radiator? That's my rule of thumb for Japanese cars. They can be a pain to get the cooling system properly bled. I'm a bit suspicious that the walls and pistons are trashed and the head gasket didn't blow, but if you studded the head and put on an MLS head gasket, I could see it. How's the ring gap? Got pics?

Why on earth would he disable data logging?

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Valid question, Erik, and to this day still won't give me a logical reason to why he disabled it.

Yes, the car was on jack stands with the Lisle Funnel kit. Head gasket was fine and he wouldn't do any other diagnostics aside from blaming it on overheating...

20200409_164530 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

20200307_103743 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

20200307_103803 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

That was number 3 - this was number 1 piston:

20200409_164633 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

20200409_164623 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

20200409_164603 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

20200409_164644 by Sergio Zapien, on Flickr

I got a few 2nd opinions from a few reputable sources, however; they were all online and not in person -- I know that could make a difference. Even Wiseco themselves couldn't put the blame on overheating. They pointed towards the tune. Anyhow, it's really a hell of a story and the motor build itself had been going on for 3 years.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sweet Accord, thanks for posting!

Sorry you had to go through that with the engine build/tuner experience though, that sucks big time.

EDIT - HOLY CRAP I just read through the last few pages of your build thread on Honda Society with the drama and text messages from KSTuned. Now I'm frustrated and this has absolutely nothing to do with me. What a terrible situation.

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, but the damage matches Mahle's example of overheating.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Still, I feel your pain.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet Accord, thanks for posting!

Sorry you had to go through that with the engine build/tuner experience though, that sucks big time.

EDIT - HOLY CRAP I just read through the last few pages of your build thread on Honda Society with the drama and text messages from KSTuned. Now I'm frustrated and this has absolutely nothing to do with me. What a terrible situation.

It's rough to say the least. I won't claim he is a 100% at fault but his lackluster interest in trying to figure it out and the series of events that lead up to the failure speaks for itself. Live and learn, I guess.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry, but the damage matches Mahle's example of overheating.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Still, I feel your pain.

That very video is what he used to back up his claim. Nothing else. No measurements, data since he disabled it, nothing. Just the yt video was enough for him.

Aarong23

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Awesome car buddy. Hate to hear about the cluster of a mess with the motor. Something that stood out to me is if that guy did all of those mods to that engine, how in thell did it only make 178hp the first time. That cat seems dubious at best.

Idle Serge

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome car buddy. Hate to hear about the cluster of a mess with the motor. Something that stood out to me is if that guy did all of those mods to that engine, how in thell did it only make 178hp the first time. That cat seems dubious at best.

You and I both - his claim was that the cams were too mild for the ITBs, not letting them breath...