94 GMC K3500 Firewood/Work Truck - Quick Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Was VERY happy with how the truck turned out, almost too clean for a work truck.

Now i'm sure many of you will enjoy this. But i'm just going to dump a bunch of photos...

You must be registered for see images attach

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
Unfortunately, then disaster struck. In February, I made the poor decision to try and drive this thing to Kansas to pick up the LB7 for the Duramax project. I knew better. When i bought the truck, the mileage didn't scare me. The price was right, and i knew the motor (original) owed nobody anything at 360k+ miles.

I had driven that truck literally everywhere, and maybe had too much confidence in it.

Halfway to Kansas City, disaster struck.

Timing gears chewed up a few teeth and i had to tow it about 4 hours home.

However, i was not too disappointed knowing this was likely at some stage. There were actually two things i wanted to do to the truck post paint. New motor (eventually) and new front end. This presented me with the opportunity to do just that.

And that's where we're at now.

Currently it's on the lift pending a front suspension overhaul. I have a vortec 454 with 92k miles on it that i'm going to freshen up and drop in it. I'll be keeping the TBI fuel system to leave the truck unmolested electronically, and due to simplicity.

I'll probably regret this can of worms, but i'm going to upgrade to Forged LCA's. It'll keep my entire fleet matching, which makes remembering what parts i need to use easier. Also i found the lower shock bolts are reamed out a little bit so they don't sit tight in there.

Might as well....

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its an evolution of a nice truck... shoosh on that cam gear! never saw one that flat

boy&hisdogs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
That truck looks amazing. I appreciate the ammount of work you've done. Everything was done right, but kept realistic, not being TOO **** about making everything "show quality" and then drowning in the details.

I love red interiors in general, but especially from the earlier GMT400s.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on your builds on IG; I was wondering how long it would've taken you to strip this thing down for a restoration. Good to see you post again! I was just looking through your old build on the 93 CCLB trying to get motivation for my 00 K3500.

You still need an ECSB at some point too....

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I've been keeping tabs on your builds on IG; I was wondering how long it would've taken you to strip this thing down for a restoration. Good to see you post again! I was just looking through your old build on the 93 CCLB trying to get motivation for my 00 K3500.

You still need an ECSB at some point too....
dude, i really wanna do a garnet interior ECSB K2500