Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I couldn't seem to find the best place to post it or any existing posts about this. Anyways, on to the background and question. I was kinda set on installing a 94 cluster into my 88 C2500, as I had had no luck finding a 91 cluster that hadn't been torn apart or missing the needles before I got to it. About a week ago, I finally struck gold and found an unmolested 91 cluster and brought it home. As I was comparing the two clusters, I thought about swapping the face plate, as the 94 is in much nicer shape, and I also noticed that the 94 oil pressure gauge goes up to 80 instead of 60. Would it be possible to swap the oil pressure gauge from the 94 into the 91 cluster? I kind of like the idea of the wider sweep gauge. Any thoughts on this? Has anyone done a similar/same swap?

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I might be mistaken so I'll have to defer to someone else for certainty or research myself, but I think the oil pressure sending unit might be different between the two as well, otherwise it would "just work".. But like I said, I'm not certain.

blackdeathmessenger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
From, the research I've done, the actual oil pressure sensor/switch seems to be very similar/the same. The big thing I'm curious about is if the oil pressure gauge from the 94 cluster will work in the 91 cluster