94 ecsb an 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Played trailer Tetris today and found out the truck doesn't like to back up with a trailer, Idk what would cause that. Felt like I had to give it gas more an more to go anywhere. Also I need tow mirrors for this thing, cnt see around the traikers, so they're added to the list.

You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Are those 35s? And get the 2015+ tow mirrors because they look so much better!

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes they are. 35-12.5-17 they were on the ram but when I hauled a trailer back to Ohio I swapped those off for 285. I was moving them an wondered what they'd look like with the burb. I would need at least a 4 inch lift with trimming and different offsets. These rims that I bought with the truck dnt I've the best offset, I dnt like em anyways.
On the mirrors ill have to figure out my wiring since I have auto dimming side mirrors, found that out when I had to replace one that got hit, 600 at dealer thankfully lkq pulled some off an escalade for me

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So not to much with the burb, oil change and had a leaking tranny cooler line, radiator to aux cooler line that was shooting out fluid pretty quick so fixed it kinda, just used some rubber hydraulic hose and clamped it to the metal line, not perfect but it'll work. One problem I've been having is the truck feels like it's bogging down almost like I'm trying to haul a heavy trailer taking off, if I'm in 3rd and driving down the road at 60 to 70 and just hold it steady the truck feels like it's misfiring but no check engine, also when I'm doing the same speed but in overdrive it's fine. I'm thinkin it may be related to the injectors but I'm not positive. In park it idles fine at any rev speed. Just a random pic that I like

gstubbz

Reaction score
What are you hauling duallies on a trailer behind it :p

Just kidding. Try changing the fuel filter first. It's like $13 at Napa and my wrecked 93 had the same symptoms.

Hey I'm also going to Sacramento tomorrow to pick up a 4.8 LS from Nor Cal Wrecking, for a truck we have at the junkyard worth fixing. Is Highway 65 any good for shaving time off? Probably going to take I80 down then 65 to 70 up.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I wish it had that much power :D

80 is gunna be the quickest both ways from doyle to sac, 70 is empty but if i remember it's got lot of curves. And I dnt remember 65. Been while since I've been out that way, usually just driving over to reno for a weekend. You ever make trips this way?

Fuel filter is 6 months old, and fuel pump is good, fuel pressure before the injectors is spot with the manual. Also cap rotor plugs an wires are all only 2 months old.

gstubbz

Reaction score
I am leaving Susanville early in the morning then picking up my friend in Doyle, heading down I80, then on the way back it looks like HWY65 goes from Roseville to Marysville then turns into highway 70 which will jet me up to Chester. So a big loop lol.

I dunno what to tell you on your problem then lol

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yea that's why I'm guessing the spider, Idk ill just drive it and come spring time depending on what happens over winter ill swap it.
Also forgot to mention, when I did the oil change I always pour the old oil into the container that the new oil came in and I was abt 2 quarts low which was weird cuz dipstick was at perfect level. I'm not seeing any oil leaking and I'm not getting any smoke so it's another thing to keep an eye on, might park over some cardboard to see if it is leaking, been parking in gravel and dirt lately.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not a whole lot has happened to this thing till this week, just been driving it and using it as my tow rig, still need tow mirrors and trailer brakes before I haul heavy loads agian.
So this week I was moving a log when the power steering went out, luckily I was in my yard so I moved it closer to the shop, popped the hood and saw fluid shooting out so went and both new hoses and installed them, went to fire it up and no start, pulled the starter an solenoid out and bench tested, one click then tried agian and it worked, went to reinstall it when I broke the solenoid, the plastic just snapped off while tightening and it was barely snug feeling. Went got new starter and solenoid and got the truck to fire over, but still no power steering, thanks to skylark telling me I checked the evo under the dash, after first pulling the plug off the pump which does nothing, I didn't know that at first. Still no luck so tomoro ill be back at oriellys for day 3 in a row to get a pump and hopefully that'll solve that problem. Felt like burning it to the ground.
Pic of said solenoid and couple I've take over the couple weeks