94 ecsb an 99 burb

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey so finally getting around to doing some work to my trucks, mainly cuz they need things done here an there and because going through everyone's threads made me more motivated. So I got a 94 ecsb 2x4 350 that was my first truck and then sold it to buy my 99 burb 4x4 when had my first son. Well the burb stayed stock for couple years had another son then wife an I thought about selling it but then decided to have one girl which turned into twins so we kept it and had new engine, trans, brakes, tires, and a 2-3 inch lift from rough country put it as well as new carpet after a window leaked and mold started growing. Found my first truck an bought it back and now looking for first gen crew cab dodge for a cummins swap so I can sell my 2012 2500 which will take some time to do. Right now in middle of new gaskets on the 94 after the intake minfold starting leaking coolant onto the top of the engine, thankfully not into it. Thinkin about pulling heads and doing new gaskets as well instead of later on. Budget is gonna keep the builds pretty slow until the ram is sold or paid off, I'd love to keep it only owe 6k left but 14.99 apr has payments at 550 and just bought a house soo pretty tight but here's some pics for
You must be registered for see images attach

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So picked up a 12inch led light bar while back and finally mounted it to the burb. Nothing fancy just knock off brand from local shop that sells just about everything from light bars and subs to gold coins and lava lamps. Also mounted extra reverse light so I can finally see what's behind me at night.

Curt

Sometimes when I close my eyes, I can't see.
Reaction score
Welcome from a fellow Californian!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the 94s got coolant leaking from the top end of the intake manifold gasket, luckily no into the motor. Pulled intake manifold and was going to pull the heads and just get it all done at once so I bought a puller remover for the power steering pump but the damn thing just keeps slipping. Checked the threads on the bolt and their fine so I checked the nut and they look fine but when I go to use it it gets just barely snug and then it pops and just keeps rotating similar to how you can tighten and milk cap and sometimes they just spin an spin. Anyone have issues with these? I'll prolly take it back and switch out for another once since just bought it but with it now raining ill wait till tomorro.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Picked up a pulley puller and striped it to so got mad an gave up for lil bit but father inlaw came by without heads and and was able to go borrow a buddy's tools and we had it off in 5 mins. Luckily his buddy has almost any tool you can think of cuz he's abt 70 an master mechanic from Ford Chrysler Gm not to mention everything else he's owned one time or another. So got the a.c. the pulleys, power steering and about to pull water pump and heads in morning then have the heads dye checked to make sure no cracks.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well my day was going good until I decided to call about the setbacks for the new shop to be built and got told that I need to be 30ft from the fence line on all sides and my current shop was grandfathered in at 14ft. But 30ft would be directly behind my house so the new shop i was planning is a no go. Sucks cause I decided instead of paying for parts for my trucks or stuff around the house I paid off my loan for the diesel to try to get a personal loan to build the shop, so only food thing is no payment but I really needed new shop. Not just for working on my trucks but for my wood working business and the fact my current shop attracts lots of field mice and rats who chew through the drywall and praying not through any power tools.

GarrettGmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya especially shasta county. They gave me a call today an informed me that my well house was built permitted at 10x10 and they're Ariel calculation says it's 10x17 so that has to be fixed and the lean to on the side of the shop and the chicken coop on the back of the existing shop isn't permitted either. Sucks cuz i just moved in 6 months ago an wasnt informed of any of this. Not a very happy day
On a good note I did pick up an entire engine gasket set for the 94 today but not sure when I'll get to it. To busy working and getting **** done around house