94 Distributor Rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So I decided to rebuild my 94 K1500 distributor. Replacing it solved my two year quest to find an intermittent no start issue with the truck. Replaced it with one from NAPA and it solved my problem.

Once I took it all apart I can't find any damage to anything but I got a new pickup coil and figured I should just replace the mainshaft while it's apart. No cracks in the magnet I can see. I'm coming up with GM part number 10467353. And they must be made of gold now since they are discontinued. Is the going price of those over a couple hundred these days?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That seems to be the correct GM part number.

I've got some branded "Standard Motor Parts", no doubt there are other aftermarket sources. Wild Guess with no evidence: Standard Motor Products, Niehoff, Borg-Warner, and twenty others bought them in bulk from GM and then re-boxed 'em; so when GM discontinued that part, everyone else lost their supply. Any parts still loitering in someone's inventory are getting scarce.

I bought three from eBay years ago. Paid something like $150 for the three. Amazon had 'em for $130-ish but now they're "Not Available". So, yeah, I bet they're $200+ now, given both scarcity and BidenInflation.

dave s

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dang! Well I guess I'll just keep my eye on the pick and pull for now. Thanks for the info.