94 c1500 prerunner...er kinda.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I havent posted here much but the forum has been a great help for information. Guess its about time I create a build thread to share with everyone!

To start, 2 years ago i purchased a 94 c1500 ext. cab shortbed for a whopping thousand clams. Its rough, has rust, high miles, and was quite hideous when i got it. Perfect canvas!

With 224k miles on the original engine and trans, it was a dog at best. Looking over the RPO sticker i found that it was equipped with 3.07:1 gears. That explains (mostly) why its a slug.

I don't have many pics of when i initially bought it but it looked like a hoopty. Spraypainted chrome cragars, bald tires, leaky dual exhaust, chrome bug deflector, and an inverted air cleaner lid for performance.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
The first thing i did with this truck upon bringing it home was the basics. Plugs, wires, filters along with shocks, pitman and idler arms. Borrowed a set of wheels and tires from a buddy until i decided what i wanted to get for it.

Reaction score
After a few months of driving this truck around mostly as a parts getter, i ordered a set of 4" lift spindles. I also happened to score a free set of 15x10 American Racing wheels but they were 6 lug. So at that moment I decided to convert to 6 lug and also swap the rear axle out for a different gear ratio. Found a 6 lug, semi float 14 bolt with a 4.10 gear at a junkyard. Ordered a set of 33x12.50x15 general grabbers to fit my gifted wheels. In one single day i installed the lift spindles, swapped rear ends and mounted the new rubber.

Reaction score
Now that i had a little bit of lift, better tires and it seemed somewhat reliable, it was time to start building accessories to make it more prerunner-ish! 5 7" HID lights, tubing and a little time led to the construction of a light rack.

Reaction score
After lighting, i decided that i needed audio. Thankfully for all the help that i provide to friends i was able to acquire a JL audio amp, Alpine type r sub and box. I removed the rear seat and tossed it. Some mdf and gray carpeting provided a nice solid wall to mount the amp and box to.

Reaction score
Every prerunner needs a center console and a fancy shifter. And everyone knows how much the factory cup holders suck. I again was gifted with a Winter's Sidewinder shifter and began constructing a sturdy console to mount it in. Using 3/4" square tube i built a frame. Then using 1/8" aluminum sheet, paneled the top and sides. I had left over carpet from the sub project so i used it on the sides of the console.

Reaction score
Added a switch panel to the center console. Comes with 6 switches, volt gauge, dual usb port and cigar port. Im a little ocd with wiring but it will be simple to connect other components in the future.

Reaction score
Finishing up the switch panel install. Oh and the cup holders work great!

Reaction score
Now for the real fun stuff!

The 350 tbi is weak. The 4l60e trans is having issues after letting someone borrow it. This garbage needs to go! Back when i bought the truck, i knew that i was going to want more power so a 5.3 from an 03 tahoe was picked up, stripped down and stuffed with some goodies! Ordered a standalone wiring harness from swapspecialties along with a new flashed pcm. Should be double the hp once installed and running.