94 c1500 long bed 2" drop spindles or springs??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pose

Reaction score
I'm wanting to lower my 94 chevy c1500 silverado long bed 2" all around. In the back I plan on using drop shackles and notching the bed floor supports. However, I'm not sure whether to do sip files or springs. I use this as a daily and still plan to after the drop.

I'm leaning towards spindles since the geometry should stay the same, but wanted to get feedback from those who have done it before.

Thanks!

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Go with the spindles.
No need to notch anything with just a 2" rear drop.
My '97 @ 2/4 required no notching. It's not until going to a 6" drop where some slicing & dicing to the frame is required.

totlu81

Reaction score
My 1993 GMC Tiara conversion truck came in 93 with 2" dropped spindles and 2" drop shackles in the back. So basically what you want to do. It has 280,000 miles with no other mods to the suspension or body. I just wanted to second what Sewlow said.

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm wanting to lower my 94 chevy c1500 silverado long bed 2" all around. In the back I plan on using drop shackles and notching the bed floor supports. However, I'm not sure whether to do sip files or springs. I use this as a daily and still plan to after the drop.

I'm leaning towards spindles since the geometry should stay the same, but wanted to get feedback from those who have done it before.

Thanks!

Did you end up going with 2" drop all around?

dAT OBS

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 1993 GMC Tiara conversion truck came in 93 with 2" dropped spindles and 2" drop shackles in the back. So basically what you want to do. It has 280,000 miles with no other mods to the suspension or body. I just wanted to second what Sewlow said.

Have in photos of the gmc???