'94 C1500 headers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the new 350 I'm putting into my '94 came with some Hedman long tube headers. The drivers side header fits just fine, the passenger side does NOT. Does anyone have header suggestions? How have y'all set up your exhausts with headers? The truck is a '94 reg cab long bed, 2wd with a pre 86 350 mill (not sure if that is relevant, but it can't hurt) Also the exhaust ports are the "oval" ports I believe.

Thanks!

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had a 90 GMC RCSB that i built years ago. 350, 700r tranny, lame gears, lowerd with 275/60s. I bought a set of headers from Summit, beleive they were FloTech, got the y-pipe with it. They were shorty headers, but the y-pipe was sam size as collector, so would flow pretty good. Think it was 3", cause I cut the cat off and straight peice of pipe to the muffler. But it made it louder, not that it was a bad thing, sounded awesome, but it felt like I swapped a big block in. The difference was huge!!! Motor had close to 200k on it at that point, so wasn't exactly a fresh motor. But it made a tremendous difference. Truck was lowered shortly after, and nothing interfeared anywhere.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

b454rat

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One I had would if you get the y-pipe. Think the end of the y-pipe was open, or maybe cut flange off, used a piece of 3”, it was a straight shot into the muffler. I had an exhaust put on before this but don’t see why it wouldn’t work on a stock exhaust.

PlayingWithTBI

2022 Truck of the Year
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would the shorty headers that TBI and 454rat mentioned, or the ones I mentioned, work with the stock exhaust system?
The headers I bought lined up with the stock Y pipe but, I changed it out anyway because it's really restrictive at the collector where the 2 pipes come together. Here's a pic of the JBA Y pipe and the high flow 3" cat I used.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The headers I bought lined up with the stock Y pipe but, I changed it out anyway because it's really restrictive at the collector where the 2 pipes come together. Here's a pic of the JBA Y pipe and the high flow 3" cat I used.

I’ll definitely go that route in the future. I.E when funds are more supportive of such endeavors.

Jerryred94silvy

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I did end up going with the pace setters from summit, everything bolted right up and looks great. I went with the G9014 since I don’t have an A.I.R pump and here in San Antonio we don’t have to pass emissions.