94 c1500 cargo lights wire diagram needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ianmac

Reaction score
I need some help my cargo lights dont work brake and running lights work fine. I just need to know what each of the wires to the 4 pin plug do i installed a aftermarket led unit and cant get the cargo lights to work to help me problem solve it. I also intend to fit a low wattage led strip below it and connect to the cargo lights.
Any advice will be appreciated
Thanks Ian

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You may already know this but I have to ask because this has come up several times here over the years. When you're trying to use the cargo lights do you have the interior lights on? Because they have to be for the cargo lights to work. It's a safety feature so you don't accidentally leave them on and go driving down the road. Interior lights need to be switched on, or you need to have a door open.

Ianmac

Reaction score
You may already know this but I have to ask because this has come up several times here over the years. When you're trying to use the cargo lights do you have the interior lights on? Because they have to be for the cargo lights to work. It's a safety feature so you don't accidentally leave them on and go driving down the road. Interior lights need to be switched on, or you need to have a door open.

Yes i do know the interior light/dome light needs to be on its what each color wires function is what i need to know. I found that safety feature out when i first got the truck.

Thanks for the advice though Ian

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assume your interior light is working. If so then the issue is between the interior light and the cargo light. That should be a pretty short piece of wire to check for continuity or to bridge out. If it connects at the interior light I would check that connection first.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I assume your interior light is working. If so then the issue is between the interior light and the cargo light. That should be a pretty short piece of wire to check for continuity or to bridge out. If it connects at the interior light I would check that connection first.