94 Blazer build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a similar oil leak. At 1st I was thinking oil sending unit. But now I believe it to be either valve cover gasket or intake manifold gasket. I am in the process of rebuilding my throttle body it should be completed by the end of the weekend. But have no intentions of putting it back in place until the above gaskets are replaced.

What gasket will you be using? Post plenty of images, interested on how it turns out
I believe they are FelPro. The plan is to replace them and clean up the oil. If it comes back, then its something else.
I was supposed to have the truck running last night, but the spark plug socket fell and disappeared. Really baffled as to where it went.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So the last spark plug on the passenger side i could not get on for the life of me. Old one came out fine but- I had to break half of it to fit the socket in as it would not fit due to the to For the new one, I had to unbolt the header. They are Gibsons. Look well made. Aftermarket headers are cool but harder to get to some of the plugs. Doing so though caused the gasket to break. Just ordered a new set of gaskets and bolts.

93sierrak1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
www.stockinteriors.com is where I get it from
I have used them in a few trucks I have had.

Stupid question but does your 4wd shifter fit down over top of the carpet or do you have to cut the carpet to fit it? I have 4wd shifter and a 5 speed on the floor so I have no idea if I'm supposed to cut or put them down over top

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Stupid question but does your 4wd shifter fit down over top of the carpet or do you have to cut the carpet to fit it? I have 4wd shifter and a 5 speed on the floor so I have no idea if I'm supposed to cut or put them down over top

I cut a hole for the shifter, but once i had the carpet down, I cut around it so i could screw in the plastic. The trick is to not cut too much. Only cut where needed.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
While driving home from work the other day the heat kept coming and going. I had checked the coolant level and it was fine so I think it was the thermostat. I brought a new thermostat and housing. And of course one of the bolts decided to snap. I was able to get it out a little more with a stud extractor, except it snapped again. I can either try and drill it out, or get a new intake.
I need to figure out what would be the cheaper option, but help in the long run.
You must be registered for see images attach

I can either get a stock manifold or perhaps the Edlebrock 3704. Any thoughts?

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Reverse drill bits?

Yep - they are just what the name implies. You drill the hole while running the drill backwards. As the hole gets deeper, usually the force of the drill will unscrew what is left of the bolt. Sometimes you have to drill the hole big enough to weaken the sides of the bolt before it comes out.