94 Blazer Build Part 2...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slick1

Reaction score
So I bought @Suburban1500's Blazer and he pointed me to the forum to see his build thread. He also suggested making my own for it so here it is. He did a good job with it so honestly I don't see anything drastic happening any time soon. So far I've fixed the tailgate so it will open and next will be figuring out why the back glass will pop with the switch but not all the way (currently requires someone to pull on it when someone else slides the switch).

I'll be putting 37x13.50 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros on in the near future because the truck is going to be a daily driver and pull a light trailer a few days a week. No need for Swampers for my uses.

List for now is straightforward and not particularly exciting-

Tires
Sway bar link end on one side needs to be fought off and replaced
Fix rear glass latch
Figure out why I only have sound from one dash speaker. Put my sub and amp in eventually and decide if I'm wiring in an Aux chord or putting in a head unit
Ujoint needs to be addressed
Rear flares
Decide whether I'm mounting the Lund visor I got or not
Also Suburban1500 ordered some front shocks for it but I bought it before they got to him so when he sends me those they'll be installed

And now I kind of regret not just coming on and trolling with a post about how I was gonna slam it the ground and paint it Pepto pink...

Slick1

Reaction score
Ordered a wiring kit for the amp and sub and the bezel for an aftermarket head unit. Probably just pop an old Sony HU in it for now and figure out something in the future. I'd like to maintain the original look and the previous owner went out of his way to restore that look, but I need an aux chord asap.

I went ahead and ordered door locks cause I just think it would be kind of neat to be able to lock the truck. Also found the plastic piece I'm missing for the tailgate latch on Amazon for $3.50 so I figured I'd treat myself. Rear window latch is soaking in WD40 at the moment in the hopes that it's that simple to get that glass to pop free.

I'm going to do some reading on it anyway but if anyone passing by knows a good place to feed the amp positive through the firewall feel free to share!

Last edited:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Ordered a wiring kit for the amp and sub and the bezel for an aftermarket head unit. Probably just pop an old Sony HU in it for now and figure out something in the future. I'd like to maintain the original look and the previous owner went out of his way to restore that look, but I need an aux chord asap.

I went ahead and ordered door locks cause I just think it would be kind of neat to be able to lock the truck. Also found the plastic piece I'm missing for the tailgate latch on Amazon for $3.50 so I figured I'd treat myself. Rear window latch is soaking in WD40 at the moment in the hopes that it's that simple to get that glass to pop free.

I'm going to do some reading on it anyway but if anyone passing by knows a good place to feed the amp positive through the firewall feel free to share!
If the WD-40 doesn't work on the latch, try PB Blaster. It's available at most Walmarts, and works well on the stuff I need busted loose. It does stink and stain, though, so don't spray it on the interior plastic or fabric.
Back in the 70s and 80s, when we had our parts store, Dad and I used CRC 5-56 for penetrating oil and breaking loose rusty or corroded fasteners. I think they don't make it anymore, haven't seen any in decades. PB is the closest thing to it I've seen.

Slick1

Reaction score
I think I have a can of PB laying around so I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the suggestion. The WD40 didn't work nor did the rubber shim I improvised so hopefully the PB does it.

Slick1

Reaction score
Sub/amp/headunit are good to go. No pics cause it's dark and I'm tired. The HU made a very noticeable difference in the 4 speakers, and the sub made it sound like I upgraded the entire system. Crazy what a difference it makes.

Went to pick up STT Pros today and got a surprise. A BIG part of why I was going with them (other than that they're great tires) is that everything I read said the actual size was anywhere from 35.5 to 36.25 which is about the size of the worn down Swampers. Put them against the truck though and they're so much bigger it's insane. They're either true 37s or I found a site today that said 36.77 which is damn close enough.

I had paid for them already and after hemming and hawing I got a refund. The tire shop manager came out and agreed it was right on the line whether they'd fit without some trimming. I love that the truck is intact and really don't want to cut anything. The other consideration is that I'll be pulling a light trailer with it so even if it doesn't rub without it, the weight on the rear might make it.

I've had very little luck finding the answer to this but does anyone know if someone's out there running 37s on a 6" superlift without trimming? I can't exactly mount them for a trial run and take them back if they don't fit.

Slick1

Reaction score
Door lock cylinders and plastic tailgate hinge components showed up a day early and I had the day off to install. The only thing worse than finding out zero of the new stuff will work by any stretch of the imagination is finding out after you take out the old stuff first! I see an Auto Zone 2 towns over miraculously has in stock 1 set of lock cylinders for a 94 Blazer and can't believe it. Send my GF to grab those while I do other stuff and get a call that the cylinders they have are the same that won't work. They're flanged at the end like maybe they sit outside the handle rather than inside.

So I ordered ones that should work and put rush shipping on them. 1 or 2 days. Aside from that I think I have a handle on why the lock mechanism wasn't engaging which is a disconnected rod. Might soak some of the rusted out clips and stuff in vinegar to see if I can clean them up a bit and I think I'm about due for a tetanus shot.

Suburban1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad you joined! I will defenitly be following this for updates. I am very glad it went to a good home. I did get the shocks in finally, which I will send out depending on when the ups store is open.
About the flanged door lock cylinders...funny you mention that because I have some here which I brought for the truck but ended up not fitting just like you experienced.
Wondering if LMC truck would have some?

Slick1

Reaction score
Glad you joined! I will defenitly be following this for updates. I am very glad it went to a good home. I did get the shocks in finally, which I will send out depending on when the ups store is open.
About the flanged door lock cylinders...funny you mention that because I have some here which I brought for the truck but ended up not fitting just like you experienced.
Wondering if LMC truck would have some?
No rush but definitely appreciated!

Advance had them on their website so I ordered with rush shipping and got them today. The vinegar wash cleaned the clips up nice too so the driver's door is the project for tomorrow and I'll take out the passenger side one and hit that with the vinegar if it needs it.

Slow and steady...